Searching studies on InSAR DEM generation with Sentinel-1

Hello everyone,

as we all know, the potential of Sentinel-1 for the derivation of surface heights is limited because of quick temporal decorrelation and predominantly short perpendicular baselines.

I am currently collecting all kinds of studies and use cases to summarize the challenges in this field (and make it openly available once finished).

I have conducted a systematic literature review based on the official scientific index pages, but I also want to include

• oral or poster presentations from conferences
  • technical reports
  • non peer-reviewed studies

dealing with the extraction of heights of entire terrains, selected areas (e.g. glacier surfaces, sea ice…) or single objects based on interferometric principles.

As long as it is accessible on the internet, I am happy for any recommendation to make my collection of use cases as complete as possible.

I am not looking for differential InSAR approaches, ocean waves, or models to estimate canopy heights based on variable regression.

Feel free to comment, post links or advise to ongoing research. Thank you in advance
Andreas

I finished my work in the meanwhile and hope you find it as interesting as me: Braun 2021 Retrieval of digital elevation models from Sentinel-1 radar data - open applications, techniques and limitations

2 Likes