Sen2cor Standalone 2.5 and CCI LC Integration

Hi,

I tried to install sen2cor and use it together with the CCI LC Maps provided by ESA.

When i run l2aprocess, i always end up getting the following error:

[ERROR] L2A_Tables: 1427 ESA CCI Water Bodies map not present, water detection will be performed without a priori information
[ERROR] L2A_Tables: 1427 ESA CCI Water Bodies map not present, water detection will be performed without a priori information
ERROR] L2A_Tables: 1481 ESA CCI Land Cover map not present, cloud detection over urban areas will be performed without a priori information
[ERROR] L2A_Tables: 1558 ESA CCI Snow Condition map not present, no snow map post-processing will be done
[ERROR] L2A_Tables: 1558 ESA CCI Snow Condition map not present, no snow map post-processing will be done

I installed my sen2cor to
C:\Users\Hry\Downloads\sen2cor\

I tried:
C:\Users\Hry\Downloads\sen2cor\aux_data
and
C:\Users\Hry\Downloads\sen2cor\bin\aux_data

which both didn´t work.
If anyone can give me a hint which folder structure sen2cor standalone 2.5 is awaiting i would really appreciate it.
I would also like to know how far these files need to be extracted, as the zip file contains two .tar files, which also come with a folder structure on their own - do i need to unpack these too?

Hi there:

I’m in the same situation. If someone could help on this, i would appreciate it.
Meanwhile, i’m gonna try a few things to see if they work.

i figured it out…
In my case (installed into downloads), the CCI Files need to go here:

_C:\Users\Hry\Downloads\sen2cor\Lib\site-packages\sen2cor\aux_data

I highly encourage the people behind sen2cor to update
the documentation on this matter, as surely not everybody knows where the aux_data folder is hidden.

1 Like

Hi again:

I tried putting all tif files on aux data, but it failed processing snow condition correction.
So, the configuration that worked for me was this:

On aux_data folder, next files:

• ESACCI-LC-L4-LCCS-Map-300m-P1Y-2015-v2.0.7.tif

• ESACCI-LC-L4-WB-Map-150m-P13Y-2000-v4.0.tif

• GlobalSnowMap.tiff

• init.py

• and also the following Snow Condition folder:
    ESACCI-LC-L4-Snow-Cond-500m-P13Y7D-2000-2012-v2.0, with all the Snow_Cond tif’s.

1 Like

Thanks! This procedure is (now?) covered in the manual too for those who need more help.

1 Like