Sentinel 1 for waterlogging

Hi everyone
I’m a beginner with radar (sentinal-1)
I am trying to use sentinel 1 data for water- logging mapping . i used S1B_IW_GRDH_1SDV data.
My question: is that correct?
I have seen many tutorials, but I found several different ways of processing steps of these data so I got a confused and I want to know exactly what the correct steps are to process this data.
Thanks for the advice

There are many post about the processing of GRD data. I used the GRD data too. the normal processing should be that:
thermal noise removal
apply orbit file
terrain flattening
calibrate to sigmma
speckle filtering
range dopple terrain correction
BTW, where is your study area? because if the topography is faltten, you could skip the terrain flattening step which is aiming to reduce the effect of topography on radiation.
I am very interested in your study. in my opinions, if you want to mapping waterlogging using Sentinel data, the first step you should do is to get the soil moisture dataset using sentinel. then combind with technical criterion of water-logging, you could determine wether there is waterlogging in this area and mapping the water-logging.
So did you have found any criterion or technical report that could be used to determine if there is waterlogging in this area?
I am also interested in monitoring water-logging, so welcome to communication!

Thanks alot weisho but when i tried to preform that steps , it give me erorrs .
Anyway i will retry again .
I hope we can communicate .
that is my e-mail
hema_20227@yahoo.com

Hi, if you do get some errors when you processed the GRD data, I think you would better to post these errors or questions in this forum. because I think there are many people better than me concerning the process steps. Of cause if you want to communicate about the water-logging, please send Email to me . this is my Email: weiweiliu@zju.edu.cn

HI Abdelsalam1,

There is not a standard methodology for identifying water-logged areas using satellite data. There are a few methodologies that have been proposed, the simplest one is to perform change detection. Frr this to work, we need to do the following:

1. acquisition of two images over your area of interest. The first acquisition should be acquired over wet weather conditions (where the area is actually water-logged) and the second acquisition should be acquired over dry weather conditions.

2. SENTINEL1 image pre-processing as described by weishao. Most important steps are the following:

• Speckle noise removal
    • Radiometric calibration
    • Terrain doppler corection
  3. Coregistration (DEM Assisted Coregistration)

After co-registration, you can create a true color image using dual polarization channel to see differences in the image.
Have a look at the thesis: https://publik.tuwien.ac.at/files/PubDat_176925.pdf

Many thanks johngan, i know that there is not stander methodology for water logging monitoring .I am trying to make combination between different data set (optical and Radar).
i think if that two data sets gave similar results it may made sense
regards