Sentinel-1, offset tracking tutorial (SLC data)

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a tutorial for offset tracking tools using SLC products?

I have fund a tutorial for GRD products (http://step.esa.int/docs/tutorials/S1TBX%20Offset%20Tracking%20Tutorial.pdf). Can this tutorial be used for SLC products sa well, if not which steps should be done differently?

Thanks
Kosovar

The Offset Tracking tool of SNAP is based on intensities. You could, technically, split, calibrate and deburst SLC data but you will then end up with nearly the same information than already provided in the GRD. I see no large advantage in using SLC for this kind of analysis.

Maybe others have a different opinion?

OK, which is the best tool (or possible tool/tools), to calculate glacier velocities using SLC data format?

using SLC makes only sense if you make use of the phase, but there is no automated way of doing this in SNAP.
Otherwise, you can use GRD as well for common intensity tracking (included in SNAP)

Using SLC for intensity tracking is not recommended in general or only in Snap?

if there is an interferometric approach for offset tracking, and you find a way to implement it, you can use the SLC products, of course.
Edit: some were published but I cannot tell if they are good and transferable:

But the offset tracking in SNAP is based on backscatter intensity and you would need to create GRD products out of your SLC data anyway.

Thanks alot :wink:

The SNAP process the velocity products which didn’t contain the vx and vy components. How can I acquire EW and NS ice speeds.

Thx a lot. I have seen the tutorial about the offset tracking based on GRD product in Amundsen Antarctic, which talked about that GRD has been detected, multi-looked and so on. So that’s to say I don’t need to do calibration, multi-looking, right?
and I still have a question. when I exported output as GeoTIFF format to ARCGIS, it could’t generate pyramid and can’t project to Polar Lambert Projection. it had extreme distortions.

Yes these are not helpful for offset tracking.

You can directly open the img file from the data folder of your product in ArcMap.