Sentinel-1 Range-Doppler Terrain Correction OperatorException error with Copernicus DEM

Hello,

I am trying to apply Range-Doppler Terrain Correction to some Sentinel-1 EW GRDM products in the arctic, for example:
S1A_EW_GRDM_1SDH_20210625T132402_20210625T132502_038497_048B03_4F96.zip

These are the settings:

When clicking on run I get an error after a short while:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2863
	at org.esa.snap.core.dataop.dem.BaseElevationTile.getSample(BaseElevationTile.java:70)
	at org.esa.snap.core.dataop.dem.BaseElevationModel.getSamples(BaseElevationModel.java:176)
	at org.esa.snap.core.dataop.resamp.BilinearInterpolationResampling.resample(BilinearInterpolationResampling.java:82)
	at org.esa.snap.core.dataop.dem.BaseElevationModel.getElevation(BaseElevationModel.java:99)
	at org.esa.snap.dem.dataio.DEMFactory.getLocalDEM(DEMFactory.java:182)
	at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.computeTileStack(RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.java:887)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: 2863
	at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:432)
	at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.computeTileStack(RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.java:1104)
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:122)
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:86)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: 2863
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorExecutor$GPFImagingListener.errorOccurred(OperatorExecutor.java:381)
	at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.sendExceptionToListener(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(Unknown Source)
	at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(Unknown Source)
	at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(Unknown Source)
	at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:449)
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:435)
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:75)
	at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(Unknown Source)
	at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(Unknown Source)
[catch] at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Here is the full SNAP log file:
messages.log (194.4 KB)

I use the latest version of SNAP, which is currently 8.0.5.
My operating system is Windows 10 20H2, but I get the same error on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
The PC I use has 32 GB RAM, of which 3/4 is free. My SSD has around 250 GB available.

The error is only thrown if I select the 30 or 60 m Copernicus DEM. Other DEMs work fine.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you for any help!

This has been fixed and is just waiting to be released in the next update

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Looking forward to the next update!

has it already been released? still have problems on 8.0.8

Version 8.0.9 was just released and it is now working. Again, thank you very much!

Note: This post initially said that the issue persists after the update, but that is not correct. I forgot to restart SNAP after the update. Sorry for the confusion.