Sentinel-1B error

Hi,
I have been uploading a number of manifest.safe files from Sentinel-1B files to SNAP in order to calibrate them. Most have worked fine, however a couple come up with this error message when I try to put them into SNAP - saying “content is not allowed in prolog”.
Any ideas about what’s going on here?
Thanks!

Just a guess but looks like you have and illegal character in your folder-name.

I just removed this but is still coming up with the same error, thank you though!

Hi, I’m having the same error. Any suggestions would help!

can you name the full path where your data is located?

Hi, I have the same issue trying to open Sentinel-1 data, with both the SNAP software, and using the snappy library.

can you confirm that no special characters in your file path, as indicated above by mengdahl?

I confirm:
input=/Volumes/Vihren/DATA/SENTINEL1/S1A_IW_GRDH_1SDV_20160112T042151_20160112T042216_009456_00DB5E_F4EF.SAFE/manifest.safe
This produces the ‘Content is not allowed in prolog’ error.
If I run with manifest.xml, it runs with no problem, but the output of ProductIO.readProduct(input) is NoneType…

I’ve downloaded your product from ASF Vertex and didn’t find any problem with it.
The first line in the file should be

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

It’s possible the file is corrupt or the encoding has changed when you saved or copied it.

Yes everything is fine with the file. Also, I get the same issue on multiple products.
I think the issue might have to do with the fact that I have installed and reinstalled the software multiple times, and for different virtual environments…