SNAP 2.0 beta-05

The same errors of the beta-v04 repeat in the beta-v05. No product cannot read ALOS PALSAR CEOS, and it is very difficult to sell off a simple subset of an imported image, without going to the Graph Builder (Raster Geometric Subset).

Could you please provide the download link to this verison of SNAP? I can’t find it within the wegpage you provided.
In addition, I found the topo-removal step doesn’t work sometime, and it woud be fine if you do not use it for deformation mapping. Don’t know what is the problem. The version I used (under windows) is quite slow, and I need 2 days for a processing of 2 slices of S1A data.
All of my processing are based on the independent S1Toolbox under windows.
Thanks!

The link is the same:
http://step.esa.int/main/download/

I am using also the version of Windows and I coincide totally with your observations.

Okay, I know how to download the software.
But it seems SNAP2-beta 5.0 has the same problems as I mentioned before.

Sometime you simulate topo-phase and get defo. interferogram even worse than without using this step. I guess there might be some bugs in the topo-phase simulation and co-registration process with InSAR results.

I also checked what you made and I see that the beta version (05) has very scarce improvements than the previous version (04). I agree with you that the bugs is in the topo-phase simulation and co-registration process. Processing’s are so slow in the version of Windows what it makes difficult the use of this software. With limited functions, the NEST was better to process SAR images.

I have similar problem with Hector. I just cannot open CEOS PALSAR-1 despite going smoothly with STBX-1 or NEST4/5.

hmmm… the problem does not appear within the development environment. It appears to be a problem when packaging the software in the installer. It will be fixed soon sorry.

Hi,

I did change the source code TopoPhase.java in this line

from final boolean onlyTopoRefPhase = true; to final boolean onlyTopoRefPhase = false;

How can i packaging the software in the installer. in the web site https://github.com/senbox-org/s1tbx there is who we can build and set the configuration in IDEA but nothing about the packaging snap-emgine, snap-desktop,s1tbx in the installer.

i did instruction to run the project, i get the interface of SNAP without RADAR in the menu ?

Main class: org.esa.snap.nbexec.Launcher
VM parameters: -Dsun.awt.nopixfmt=true -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.java2d.dpiaware=false
Program arguments: --clusters
“D:\github\build\SNAP\s1tbx\s1tbx-kit\target\netbeans_clusters\s1tbx”;“D:\github\build\SNAP\s1tbx\s1tbx-kit\target\netbeans_clusters\rstb”
–patches
“D:\github\build\SNAP\snap-engine$\target\classes”;“D:\github\build\SNAP\s1tbx$\target\classes”;“D:\github\build\SNAP\s1tbx\rstb$\target\classes”
Working directory: SNAP/snap-desktop/snap-application/target/snap/
Use classpath of module: snap-main

i got theses warning even the path is correct
WARNING: class org.esa.snap.nbexec.Launcher: no module patches found for pattern D:\github\build\SNAP\s1tbx$\target\classes
WARNING: class org.esa.snap.nbexec.Launcher: no module patches found for pattern D:\github\build\SNAP\s1tbx\rstb$\target\classes

Any help to resolve it

Thanks

Resolved, it was maven bug, but i am interested to package the software in the installer, there is some indication ?
thanks

We use Install4J to create the installers for each platform. If you have this software you may use the install4j script to reproduce these installers https://github.com/senbox-org/snap-installer.

If not, then in snap-desktop/snap-application/target/snap you have everything to run snap. You will then need to move the toolbox clusters into this and update etc/snap.conf to add the location of the clusters.

Alternatively, you could use any favorite installation software and add the contents of snap-desktop/snap-application/target/snap as well as the clusters from each toolbox similar to the i4j script.