SNAP 6.0 beta now available for testing

Originally published at: http://step.esa.int/main/snap-6-0-beta-now-available-for-testing/

The SNAP development team is pleased to announce a beta SNAP release. Please note that this SNAP 6.0 beta release is not fully tested, but it contains new features and fixes to many issues found in SNAP 5.0. The SNAP 6.0 beta release is provided “as is” and is not supported and you are installing…

3 Likes

A new preview version of SNAP is now available for testing.
It is available from the download page. Your feedback is very welcome as always. Please report issues in the existing SNAP 6 Beta category.

1 Like

Is this different from the first beta release?

Yes, there shall be some some fixes. Especially regarding SAR processing.

I want to know for Sigma 0 calculation for ALOS 2 PALSAR 2 on SNAP 6, Is it already use new calibration equation as follow:

Thank you for your attention

Hi there,

I know I’m a bit late to the conversation, but since @marpet said there are new features for SAR processing , has the wind field estimation wizard improved? As far as I’ve read, it is suitable for ENVISAT data, but gives some pretty bad results for S1.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Actually, it should be also good for S1 data. However, maybe it is better if you describe your problem in the s1tbx category a new thread. Then the right guys, who can answer, will see it your question more likely.