SNAP 6.0 performances issue

Hi,
I’ve just switched from my old Win 7 laptop with 8 Gb Ram to a brand new Win 10 with 16 Gb Ram Core i7 7th generation 500 Gb SSD HD.

I’ve noticed that snap 6.0 seems slower on the new laptop.
For instance, visualization of a single band from an S2A product takes 90 sec while and RGB composite takes 3 minutes.

I’ve run several time the Performance tool for System and Processing but nothinh has improved.
Any suggestions?

Have you tried to open the images a second time?
When opening S2 products the jpeg2000 data files are converted to tiff files and put into a cache (this cache is clean once a week by default). Probably you had done this on your older machine but it was necessary on the new machine.
But even with conversion it takes only 25 seconds on my system (i7 5th gen, 16GB RAM and loaded from HDD) to open a RGB image. If conversion is already done it just takes less then 5 seconds.
Don’t know what’s wrong here.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes of course I’m trying to load always the same image and the same bands hoping that the cache would let me open the images faster. The results is always the same.
Also the zoom-in of a single band takes a lot to render the image to full resolution.

****Here the current setting for System and Processing of SNAP:
-Xmx14721m -Xms2048m -XX:+AggressiveOpts -Xverify:none -Dnetbeans.mainclass=org.esa.snap.main.Main -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.nopixfmt=true -Dsun.java2d.dpiaware=false

Cache size: 1024
Number of Threads: 2

****Performance scores of the laptop:
CPUScore : 8,9
D3DScore : 9,9
DiskScore : 8,05
GraphicsScore : 6,9
MemoryScore : 8,9

I’ve also trried to switch off the Antivirus.

It’s so strange!
I’m doing training with students on simple processing with SNAP and every student open entire S-2 images in a 10 times speed compared to my laptop.

Thanks for your time
FL