SNAP Engine Build failure

Hello, guru!
I’ve been trying to build the S1tbx on my local, but when I build the snap engine, I had run into some problems.

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 6.650 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2020-08-30T06:13:32+08:00
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:3.0.0-M3:test (default-test) on project ceres-metadata: There are test failures.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Please refer to E:\SNAP\SENTINEL-1 Toolbox\snap-engine\ceres-metadata\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] Please refer to dump files (if any exist) [date].dump, [date]-jvmRun[N].dump and [date].dumpstream.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

How can I fix this problem?
Thanks.

You haven’t provided enough information for us to understand the problem.
You should mention the build instructions you are using in case there have been updates. If you are using older builds of snap-engine or snap-desktop you may need to build current versions.

In order to help you we more details of the test that failed.

You should mention your Windows and Java JDK versions and the properties of drive “E:” (is it a network share, what filesystem does it use?) and then look in the suggested surefire-reports and dump files for details.

There have been recent changes to the GIT repository for s1tbx so it is possible that one of those changes is causing a test failure.

You can re-run the failing test – see the Maven documentation

The suggested switches should provide more details of the failure.

1 Like

As @gnwiii already suggested a bit more information is needed.
Somewhere up in the log it is mentioned which test failed and why it failed.
In general the build should work. It succeeds on travis: Build Status

My linux build has no errors. I started a Windows build, but already have one error building snap-engine:

[INFO] Running org.esa.snap.core.util.PreferencesPropertyMapTest
[ERROR] Tests run: 7, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.esa.snap.core.util.PreferencesPropertyMapTest
[ERROR] testPclSupport(org.esa.snap.core.util.PreferencesPropertyMapTest)  Time elapsed: 0 s  <<< FAILURE!
org.junit.ComparisonFailure: expected:<[s;]> but was:<[]>

This is one of those strange tests which fail sometimes.
If you run it again, it will work.
There must be some race condition. The sleep() calls between the statements shall prevent it actually.
For now I’ve increased the sleep time a bit.