SNAP Error when running interferogram formation for stacked S-1 images

Hello,

I encountered an error while running interfergram formation for stacked S-1 images. I would be grateful if you could be of any assistance. Kindly find the error message below.

SEVERE [org.esa.snap.rcp.SnapApp]: A problem occurred during the target product processing.
Type: OperatorException

java.io.EOFException
at javax.imageio.stream.ImageInputStreamImpl.readFully(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.stream.ImageInputStreamImpl.readFully(Unknown Source)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.ProductData$Short.readFrom(ProductData.java:1628)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.ProductData.readFrom(ProductData.java:923)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.dimap.DimapProductReader.readBandRasterDataImpl(DimapProductReader.java:332)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readBandRasterData(AbstractProductReader.java:253)
at org.esa.snap.core.image.BandOpImage.computeProductData(BandOpImage.java:59)
at org.esa.snap.core.image.RasterDataNodeOpImage.computeRect(RasterDataNodeOpImage.java:127)
Caused: java.lang.RuntimeException
at org.esa.snap.core.image.RasterDataNodeOpImage.computeRect(RasterDataNodeOpImage.java:129)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(SourcelessOpImage.java:137)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:904)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.io.EOFException
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorExecutor$GPFImagingListener.errorOccurred(OperatorExecutor.java:376)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.sendExceptionToListener(SunTileScheduler.java:1646)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:921)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(OpImage.java:1129)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.copyData(PlanarImage.java:2343)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.copyData(MultiLevelImage.java:69)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.copyExtendedData(PlanarImage.java:2398)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getExtendedData(PlanarImage.java:2459)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:426)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.Operator.getSourceTile(Operator.java:481)
at org.esa.s1tbx.insar.gpf.InterferogramOp.computeTileStackForNormalProduct(InterferogramOp.java:961)
at org.esa.s1tbx.insar.gpf.InterferogramOp.computeTileStack(InterferogramOp.java:859)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:116)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:85)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:904)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(PlanarImage.java:2085)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:428)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:414)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:73)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(SourcelessOpImage.java:137)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(SunTileScheduler.java:247)
[catch] at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(SunTileScheduler.java:468)
WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.Ordering]: Found same position 35 for both Context/Product/Product/GroupByNodeTypeAction-separatorAfter.instance and Context/Product/Product/OpenRGBImageViewAction-separatorBefore.instance

What steps were applied to create the stack?

Have you checked if it contains correct data, e.g. by an RGB image?

split>apply orbit>backgeocoding

The images are all SLC.

However, I didn’t encounter the error after processing the images (27 of them) in two separate sets (14 & 13 images). Thanks for response though.

Hi@ABraun,I want to export the interference stack obtained after snap processing to a more common image format, in other words to export the previous step of exporting to StaMPS format, so that I can read it programmatically and use it for other processing, how do I go about doing that?

Have you seen this? Export of products from SNAP

@ABraun Yes, I may get what I want after reading the document. In addition, I hope to get your answer to another question. After I finished the intervention, I found that some positions had no value, namely NAN, and I don’t know whether this is a normal phenomenon.

Can you please specify “intervention” and describe a bit more where the NaN values occur. You can also upload screenshots to illustrate it.
Edit: I merged both topics to keep it clean.

After the interference, I enlarged the image and saw black pixels. At first, I thought the color was black, but when I exported the interferogram as a picture and enlarged it, I found those black dots were empty. Is this a normal phenomenon? If not, what are the reasons for this? How can I solve this problem?

Could be that these are zero in the dataset and interpreted as missing values by SNAP. Please see this answer: Outlier values in the DEM generated from Sentinel-1 - #8 by ABraun

@ABraun * This is an image directly amplified in SNAP software generated interferogram