SNAP Installation on LINUX - documentation

Where do I find a decent installation instruction for SNAP on LINUX?
Preferably with some more detail than https://senbox.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SNAP/pages/30539778/Install+SNAP+on+the+command+line
Example?

I would not know what details we should provide in addition. Actually the installation is straight forward. you can also use the GUI installer, which makes it even easier. Can you tell what information you would need?

[jonasardo@aurora-nateko SNAP]$ ./esa-snap_all_unix_5_0.sh

gzip: sfx_archive.tar.gz: not in gzip format

I am sorry, but the installer file seems to be corrupted.
If you downloaded that file please try it again. If you
transfer that file with ftp please make sure that you are
using binary mode.
[jonasardo@aurora-nateko SNAP]$

You should say how you obtained the file esa-snap_all_unix_5_0.sh and also give us some details on the linux system (distribution name, version, 64 or 32-bits). Did you download directly from the internet or do you have to move the file between systems? To rule out a corrupt file, compare the following output with the output from your file:

$ ls -l esa-snap_sentinel_unix_5_0.sh -rw-r--r-- 1 user grp 416562326 5 Dec 2016 esa-snap_sentinel_unix_5_0.sh $ shasum esa-snap_sentinel_unix_5_0.sh e41d1d196512b692ab604a98b9448fcfe1cebad9 esa-snap_sentinel_unix_5_0.sh

You appear to have changed permissions on your version of the file to make it executable, but the length should be the exactly same (416562326 bytes).

If your file gives the same size and sha1sum values then the problem is likely to be with the system configuration.

Hi There
I have the exact same issue. How did you fix this with that error