Snap2stamps package: a free tool to automate the SNAP-StaMPS Workflow

hi,
do you have any suggestion of where to put the slaves zip file folder and the bin/graphs folder ? such as master dim file(must create a new folder to put this single file).or put all the slave zip files in project folder directly,am I right?

the snap2stamps scripts require all slave zip files to be inside the slaves folder while the master (zip and pre-processed files) should be stored separately, e.g. in master.

The scripts then search for all products in the slaves folder and creates new folders in the same directory automatically.

thank you ,I’ll try ,another question:shall I run python command in bin or slavs folder?what do I warry is if I run python command in bin folder (xxx/bin:$ python slaves_prep.py project.conf) then the program can’t find the slaves files.

you can run the python command everywhere because the project.conf file points to the actual project folder

1 Like

OK,if i have 2bursts 1 sub,ESD is needed ,which files must I modify about snap2stamps scripts such as ’ coreg_ifg_computation.xml ’ andcoreg_ifg_computation_subset.xml ’ with snappy7, or it is no needed ?

please check this answer here: Snap2stamps error

Hi, @ABraun and @mdelgado!

This is my first time using snap2stamps and successfully carried out PART A (Splitting and Orbit Correction).

But with regards to PART B (Coregistration and Interferogram Formation), I am getting an error message and warning as shown below.
[Error message]

[Error and warning messages]

Also, since last week I am having have issues with downloading and updating SNAP plugins.

Could you tell me how to address these issues?

Thank you in advance.

please have a look at the post above yours :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Another question, after the stamps_export, is it okay to delete all original SAR data? I am running out of memory already (1.4 GB left out of 100 GB). I just wander if 1.4 GB is enough for the StaMPS processing.

Thank you, again.

this is risky. Once an error occurs in StaMPS, you cannot to go back to the pre-proessing.
Try to save the preprocessing on an external drive instead.

the mt_prep_snap script will also convert the data again, and there will be lots of matlab files on the PS, so 1.4 GB are probably not enough.

1 Like

The original SAR data no, but if you consider that the processing is going properly you could delete the split folder, which can be replicated starting from the original SAR data again.

In the next snap2stamps release (coming soon) I am including a script to check the slaves splitted, the coregistration slaves and the interferogram phase.

I hope this helps

2 Likes

Hi! Yup. That’s what I exactly did. I deleted the split folder rather than the original SAR data. I realized that it is much easier to generate the split products than downloading again the original data.

Thank you. I was able to complete a PSI analysis using snap2stamps and StaMPS/MTI.

1 Like

I believe,we are so eager to wait the day comes!!!

1 Like

I am happy for that! Please remember to reference the snap2stamps package in your work :wink:

@mdelgado @ABraun @szw:@ Abdel:@greze2020:can you share a example of "splitgraph2run.xml ,“coreg_ifg_computation_subset.xml” and coreg_ifg_computation.xml .because I’m in trouble of snap2stamps with snap7,think you very much.
below is my scripts,pls give me some recommandation:
1.splitgraph2run.xml
<cohThreshold>0.15</cohThreshold>
<numBlocksPerOverlap>10</numBlocksPerOverlap>
<useSuppliedShifts>false</useSuppliedShifts>
<useSuppliedAzimuthShift>false</useSuppliedAzimuthShift>
<overallAzimuthShift>0.0</overallAzimuthShift>
<overallRangeShift>0.0</overallRangeShift>

2.coreg_ifg_computation.xml:
<useSuppliedRangeShift>false</useSuppliedRangeShift>
<overallRangeShift>double</overallRangeShift>
<overallAzimuthShift>double</overallAzimuthShift>

3/oreg_ifg_computation_subset.xml:
<useSuppliedShifts>false</useSuppliedShifts>
<overallAzimuthShift>0.0</overallAzimuthShift>
<overallRangeShift>0.0</overallRangeShift>

where is wrong result in “python splitting_slaves.py project.conf” and “python coreg_ifg_topsar.py project.conf”

BTW:is the next release suit for ubuntu19?

1 Like

There are several mistakes in what you are doing, so please be calm and relax.

1. there is nothing wrong with the splitting scripts . splitgraph2run.xml is generated runtime so unless you modified any template all should go smoothly.

2. You cannot let values such double in the template, should be replaced by 0.0 as you did in 3)

Please if you do not know what you are doing, please wait for it. I am on the way to release it in the next days.

2 Likes

sure ,I’ll be patient for a few days

Once I found a series of sentinel1 .gz images(25images),there are 24 images have the same AOI(IW2 6-7burst)but only 1 image’s AOI related bursts are 7-8,IW2,can snap2stamps can detect this burst"jump"phenomenon automatically?

1 Like

Yes, I think so, as long as the AOI is defined correctly in the config file.

1 Like

I am trying to do run coreg_ifg_topsar.py after successfully doing splitting slaves. The error which I get is

I made a change in coreg_if_computation.xml to add an external dem

Is it because of my external dem which is causing this issue?