snappy-JPY Installation on Windows 10

I am trying to install jpy on my windows 10 laptop as I want to use snappy. I followed all the steps given on these links for Windows 10 -
https://jpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html

But when I am giving my last command (this)-
python setup.py build maven bdist_wheel

I am getting the following error -
running build
running build_py
copying jpyutil.py -> build\lib.win-amd64-3.6
running build_ext
error: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Also when I am trying this command -
python setup.py --maven build

I am getting the following error -
usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] …]
or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 …]
or: setup.py --help-commands
or: setup.py cmd --help

error: option --maven not recognized

I am not sure what is happening! I followed all the steps listed on both the links, still no luck.
I have one more question - Is it necessary to have jpy installed to use snappy?

Thank you.

Do you have Maven installed? It is not mentioned in the doc to be required, but it is.

Hi marpet,
I have installed Maven. I ran a test program and it worked perfectly fine. Today, I tried to configure SNAP-Python interface directly to use snappy. I followed instructions on this site -
https://senbox.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SNAP/pages/50855941/Configure+Python+to+use+the+SNAP-Python+snappy+interface

I was successfully able to install snappy on my conda environment with python version 2.7. I was able to run test code given by you. Now my current goal is to run code given here -

After installing snappy, I successfully able to import jpy surprisingly.(import jpy is working for code given in above website) But the problem occurred because I am unable to install basic libraries such as numpy as these libraries are removed for python 2.7.
So I have two questions. First question is do we need to install jpy before snappy or is it fine if my snappy is working? And second one is I am unable to install certain libraries on python 2.7 as they need recent versions of python, so should I try to install snappy for python 3.7 or 3.8??

@marpet I have installed snappy without going through installation of JPY given above. My code is working fine, I am getting results. Also, I am successfully able to import jpy through snappy module. So, I have a question, does separate jpy installation necessary in my case as I am able to run my codes successfully?

For those who want to install snappy with conda version, they can refer to this site -

Thanks