Snappy ProductIO.readProduct won't read xfdumanifest.xml on Ubuntu 20.04

Hello everyone,

i am using snappy on both windows 10, anaconda3 environment, and Ubuntu 20.04 without anaconda. On both machines i am using python 3.8.10. So i built the jpy accordingly.

Now a strange thing happens. On windows machine i can read a Sentinel-3 SLSTR product without any problems.
On the Ubuntu machine i can read single .nc files from the product folder properly, but ProductIO.readProduct won’t read the entire product no matter whether i only specify the folder or the xfdumanifest.xml file specifically.

Even worse i won’t even get any error message, just an NoneType object.

The example code is fairly simple:

import snappy
from snappy import ProductIO

productPath = “/dm/dm/data/sentinel/tmp/shorter.SEN3/LST_in.nc” ← working
product = ProductIO.readProduct(productPath)

productPath = “/dm/dm/data/sentinel/tmp/shorter.SEN3” ← not working

productPath = “/dm/dm/data/sentinel/tmp/shorter.SEN3/xfdumanifest.xml” ← not working

Obviously, the .nc file only is of no use since i need to georeference the whole thing first. So what might be the issue here and how to overcome?

Maybe it is just a typo here in the post.
But it should be xfdumanifest.xml and not xdfumanifest.xml.

It was a typo. Thanks for pointing out. I fixed it.

Is the Sentinel-3 Toolbox installed? This could explain that the nc files are opened but not the S3 specific files.

As embarrassing as it is, it really was the missing toolbox, although i would have sworn it was installed. Anyway, now it works. Thank you very much for your support!

1 Like