StaMPS installation in Ubuntu

Thanks, How to be sure that the StaMPS is installed?

try to execute one of the compiled scripts from the bin folder. But not the exe scripts but the other ones like mt_prep. Just type it in. If the help is displayed they should work.

Please have some looks here if you are new to Linux:

5 Likes

Many thanks dear Andreas, really I appreciated your help.

Cheers

Hi Andreas,
I tried to execute “mt_prep” as example but this command was not found (see the figure), that mean is the program not installed, right?

Regards

Hi arsalan
I also have this problem.how could you fix it? Pls help me

Please read this thread carefully, I think your problem is solved there.

Dear thho,
please help me in Stamps installation and PSI processing. Please let me know what to do after these steps shown;

Hi all.

I am new to the forum, I have reviewed many of the publications that have been published here and have been very useful in solving some problems. Now I have one that I have not been able to solve.

I’m trying to install StaMPS to do PSI in Ubuntu, I follow the manual but I can not do anything, I’ve stayed in the first command.

Could someone help me with this? I would be very grateful.

thank you to all.

this is not StaMPS related, you need to configure your compiler in the makefile or install g++:

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1464768

Thak you very much @ABraun It is very useful to my academic project for measure the vertical displacement over terrain Mexico city airport. I have solved my problem with g ++, I’ll continue with installation process reading all in this topic or other topics about StaMPS installation in ubunu to PSI, it is really great this forum.

Daniel.

1 Like

well done!
Getting into compiling in Linux took me some time as well when I started, because I rarely used it before StaMPS, but I think it is managable when consulting some forums or tutorials.

Hi
Where should we put the following folders? when we can install Stamps and run mt_prep_gamma ? i used cygwin64 and Ubuntu.

thanks a lot

Hello,

I have installed new StaMPS/MTI (4.1b1) version. When I run the mt_prep_snap command I get some errors:

volkan@volkan:~/Desktop/PSI/INSAR_20180807$ source /home/volkan/StaMPS-4.1-beta/StaMPS_CONFIG.bash
volkan@volkan:~/Desktop/PSI/INSAR_20180807$ mt_prep_snap 0.4 3 2 50 200
mt_prep_snap Andy Hooper, August 2017

Amplitude Dispersion Threshold: 2
Processing 50 patch(es) in range and 200 in azimuth

3/*slc/0.4.*slc.par: No such file or directory.
3/*slc/0.4.*slc.par: No such file or directory.
ls: cannot access '3/*slc/*.*slc': No such file or directory
@: Assignment missing expression.

How can I fix the problem? Thank you.

mt_prep_snap needs to know the date and location of your data exported from StaMPS.

Please see my example here: Linux Installation using StaMPS and S-1 data

I solved the problem. Thank you Andreas.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Dear Volkan, can you share the solution please

Sorry for the late answer, I thought I responded. Even if it’s late, I want to answer. In my case, my codes were missing.

These are the wrong ones:

source /home/volkan/StaMPS-4.1-beta/StaMPS_CONFIG.bash
mt_prep_snap 0.4 3 2 50 200

And these are the true ones:

source /home/volkan/StaMPS-4.1-beta/StaMPS_CONFIG.bash
mt_prep_snap 20180807 /home/volkan/Desktop/PSI/INSAR_20180807 0.42 3 2 50 200

I hope you can easily find the difference.

Best wishes.

3 Likes

Hi there,
I am trying to install StaMPS4.1 in Ubuntu19 but no experience in Linux, after i install ubuntu,copy unzipped stamps4.1 folder to main folder,then type"sudo apt-get install gawk gcc g++ make tcsh" in the terminal(the first step),then “make” ,but
many warnings occurs “no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]”
Could you please, help me to do that?

Cheers

sorry, I’m not that deep into Linux and only use it for some tasks, so I’m afraid I have no idea what is wrong in your case.

I guess, in your case, the problem is the prerequisites. after you install all the requested libraries, you sould go to src folder and in some cases you have to change install dir from /…/bin to /usr/bin. Then, make install. and sometimes, you should ignore the warnings. after you finished with the isntallation, you have to edit and source the bash or tsch file in the main folder. then each time that you want to run the progrom first you have to source it. it is worthy of not that this package installation is really frustrating. I did it before in a server pc and I dont have access now. I tried to do the same thing in WSL but still I see problems cause it is more complicated. by the way, the follwoing link might be helpful:

Problem with StaMPS installation using Linux

2 Likes