StaMPS-Visualizer, SNAP-StaMPS Workflow

Topographic Phase Removal is a part of the interferogram generation, but only if it is selected

grafik

This explains why some studies mention it as a separate step and others don’t. But for differential InSAR it is advisable to do it.

ESD is needed when you select more than one burst. Again, some studies might only process one burst (small study area) and therefore skip it.

1 Like

Thank you so much. While processing I did that (selected the subtract topographic phase). I thick no need to run again the Topographic phase removal. Is it correct?

while processing I used around 5 burst, but I didn’t go though the Enhanced spectra diversity step. Is it must to process the ESD step?

Yes, it is highly recommended, since you are looking at minimal phase differences in DInSAR and ESD is meant to minimize divergence of the signal of different bursts which originate from the sinsing method but do not represent “real” differences, in which you are interested (roughly speaking). For more theoretical background and explanation, start reading the Help in SNAP of the ESD operator.

2 Likes

Thank you thho.

After Geocoding I’m running the ESD step, but it is showing below error. Please check it once.

from your screenshot I see that you are using an old version of SNAP, please install version 8 and all updates - at best with deleting old user configuration data as shown here.

1 Like

Thank you ABraun. It’s running.

Hi @thho, I have installed this new version of StaMPS-Visualizer on VirtualBox Ubuntu 18.04, R 3.6.3 and RStudio 1.2.5033, but when I visualize PS in the plot, after while that I’m moving the maps, Ubuntu blocks (only with a .csv upload). Do you know the reason?
Thanks.

Hi @Giova,

maybe that is because of the number of PS, I played around with the number but it highly depends on the systems hardware. Can you provide a the number of lines of the csv you try to visualize and hardware specs like RAM and CPU? Can you reproduce the error when you use the demo dataset Maoxian_PS?

My experience: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS / R3.6.3 / i7 CPU / 32G RAM was that with a csv of > 150.000 lines I have the same behaviour. Therefore, I build in the 50.000 threshold for custom csv data (the warning that pops up when you try to load a csv with more than 50k lines)

You can try to solve the issue by:

• instead of using the RStudio browser to look at the app, start the app in the firefox web browser
  • reduce the number of points by subsetting to your aoi of interest.
1 Like

I cant select the time series in order to exporting to CSV file I used the k largest radius of 1000000m

please help me. thank you in advanced

Hi @abity,
next to the TS plot button is the radius (m) field, from the error, it seems to me, that you inserted a value, Matlab does not understand. It says that it tries to convert a string to numeric, but instead of a single value it receives a vector, what exactly did you enter in the field where we see 000?

dear sir it is not 000 it is large radius of 1000000m

ok, enter 1000000 without the trailing m

the same result

just to be sure: after you entered the number, you click on the map to define the point from which the radius is applied to the image? Also, it might be go to see, how you call the ps_plot() function in the matlab command line.

ps_plot(‘v-do’, ‘ts’);

I again reposes the data from the begging but it stops at step6 of stamp(6,6) as you seen on the screen shoot

does it has solution please help. thank you stay blessed.

please set unw_grid_wrapped to 16

thank you sir I do nt get you how can I make it would you mind to clarify it ? stay blessed.

unw_grid_wrapped is a variable which is currently set to 32, which is too high for your case. You have to lower it to 16.
Please check point 4 of these instructions: https://gitlab.com/Rexthor/gis-blog/-/blob/master/StaMPS/2-4_StaMPS-steps.md