StaMPS with COSMO-SkyMed

I am not sure of what is the problem you found, but I am pretty sure that with just two images you are not going to do any PS or SBAS analysis.

@giomasce Thanks, I know this, but now I have only these 2 images of CSK available, so for the moment my aim is verify that the SNAP+StaMPS worflow works with CSK images; a test, not a real PS analysis. I have see your post so I’m interested to know if you have bring to a successful conclusion an analysis with CSK images.

Ah, I see. I have no idea of what your problem might be, though. I haven’t finished yet my analysis, because I am also reading the StaMPS program to understand how it works. I am not really expert yet, so I am pretty slow (also, this is kind of a side project for me, my main attention is currently elsewhere).

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m doing some test with CSK images. I have done coregistration, interferogram formation, subset and StaMPS export with SNAP. But when I go on StaMPS the process stops at step 2 “Calculating patch phases”. Any solutions? Thanks.

13 million candidates are quite high. Have you considered using more patches?

1 Like

Hi @ABraun
yes, I have reduced the studied area and I have tried with more patches (for example 25) but I obtain the same result in the step 2 of some patch.

Hi @Giova, @giomasce how was your experience with Stamps?

Is it possible to get good results with these images?

Hi @nachin6789, unfortunately for the moment I have not continued stamps’s analysis with CSK images.

Hi guys i was reading the discussion about CSK images, and i have a question : i’m trying to create the interferogram starting from CSK images but when i try to perform interferogram formation this error appears
ERROR

which steps did you already apply?

I applied these steps:

1. Terrain correction ( geometric range doppler with a dem srtm 1sec);
  2. Dem assisted Coregistration

Terrain Correction should not be undertaken as a first step. To conserve the complex information please start with coregistration.
Are all data acquired from the same track?

No, they aren’t.

Then you cannot create uinterferograms. InSAR only works with data from the same track.
Example: INSAR / DINSAR - Perpendicular baseline calculation - #11 by ABraun

Ah ok sorry i’m a beginner and i was wrong to understand the meaning of track, by the way yes i have data referred to the same relative orbit.

so will you try coregistration as a first step?

Hi, sorry for the delay. Thanks for the answers, i solved the problem.

Hello everyone,
i used the SNAP + StaMPS workflow to process sentinel 1 images in a PSInSAR application. Now I’m trying to use high resolution images; especially, the CosmoSKYMED images.

As I read in the forum, for CSK products those three steps are sufficient to generate the four directories for stamps:

(-subsetting)

• coregistration
  • interferogram
  • stamps export

However, I always face these problems:

1- when I run “stampsexport” the error is that “…the band i_xxxxx is already present…”. It is an error that i faced also in the past using sentinel 1: as suggested in the forum, I just delete those bands from the coregistered stack.

Then I run “stampsexport” again; however, now the error has become:

2- “… the 2 products must be a stack and an interferogram…”; seems that by removing those bands the first product is no more a stack.

Can please someone suggest me a solution or a more accurate description of each step?

Thanks for reading.
My best regards,
Othmane.

Hello @giomasce,
like you, first I learned to process S-1 images through SNAP + StaMPS workflow. Now I’m trying to use CKS data. I faced some issues at beginning to generate interferograms in SNAP. Now I’m on StaMPS’s chain, but I’m stuck in step 5.
At the end of step 3 I faced this warning:

then at step 5, this error:

In your knowledge, by using this workflow (SNAP+STAMPS in WSL), it is possible to perform a PSInSAR application using CKS data?
I’m quite demoralized :sweat_smile:

Thanks,
My Best.
Othmane.

Hi @Oth, unfortunately the project I began working with StaMPS for was defunded, so I moved to something else. Therefore I am not able to help you, sorry. I understand your frustration, though, understanding how this whole processing chain works is not trivial.