Subset error: gridHeight >=2

Hello,
in the last months I have always used subset without problem but right now, after a month without opening SNAP, I’m having problem using subset because it gives me “gridHeight >=2” error. The fact is that it shows this error only if I try to use subset in my region of interest, if I use subset in another zone of the image it works without problem.

I installed SNAP in two different computers and right now in both I have the same error.

I have already tried to clean the cache because to me it seems there’s something in the memory that stop the process when it is used in that region but it didn’t work. I also tried uninstalling SNAP and installing it again but it gives me always the same error only for that region of the image. I sent the images to another user to check if they are the problem but on another pc it does not report the error.

Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks for the help.

This sounds like as if the overlap of the product boundary with the region you specify is very small.
Did the others you have sent the images to also used the same region?
Can you increase your region of interest a bit?

Yes, the region that I need is really small but in the past I hadn’t problem subsetting it in other images.

Also yes, the others used the coordinates I gave them for the subset without errors. Actually I installed SNAP on the second computer because the first one started reporting this error and I thought it was a problem of my pc. With the second computer I worked without problem for a period and then it started giving me the same error as the first computer.

I have just tried to increse the region of interest and the subset works but I really need the small region because I have to put it in another programme.
Thank you.

It’s strange that the result is varying over time.
Are you using Sentinel-2 data?
This error only occurs when tie-point data is present in the product. Two pixels in both directions are necessary for the interpolation of the tie-points.
But Sentinel-2 does not have tie-points.

Yes I’m sure they are Sentinel-2 data. I downloaded them from Copernicus Open Access Hub: mission sentinel-2, satellite platfrom S2A/B, product type S2MSI2A.

This is the reason I don’t understand why it is not working. Also because I tried to subset the images with which I worked in the past and now I cannot subset them anymore. At first I thought it was my computer but now having two computers with the same error I don’t know what it could be.

I don’t know if this can help but it is the error that occurr:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: gridHeight >= 2
at com.bc.ceres.core.Assert.argument(Assert.java:67)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.TiePointGrid.(TiePointGrid.java:104)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.TiePointGrid.(TiePointGrid.java:198)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.TiePointGrid.(TiePointGrid.java:139)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.TiePointGrid.createSubset(TiePointGrid.java:1040)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductSubsetBuilder.addTiePointGridsToProduct(ProductSubsetBuilder.java:703)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductSubsetBuilder.createProduct(ProductSubsetBuilder.java:511)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductSubsetBuilder.readProductNodesImpl(ProductSubsetBuilder.java:270)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:178)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductBuilder.readProductNodes(AbstractProductBuilder.java:78)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductSubsetBuilder.createProductSubset(ProductSubsetBuilder.java:71)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductSubsetBuilder.createProductSubset(ProductSubsetBuilder.java:65)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.Product.createSubset(Product.java:1840)
[catch] at org.esa.snap.rcp.subset.CreateSubsetAction.createSubset(CreateSubsetAction.java:104)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.subset.CreateSubsetAction.actionPerformed(CreateSubsetAction.java:73)
at org.openide.awt.InjectorExactlyOne.actionPerformed(InjectorExactlyOne.java:78)
at org.openide.awt.ContextAction$Performer.actionPerformed(ContextAction.java:226)
at org.openide.awt.ContextManager.actionPerformed(ContextManager.java:260)
at org.openide.awt.ContextAction.actionPerformed(ContextAction.java:109)
at org.openide.util.actions.ActionInvoker$1.run(ActionInvoker.java:93)
at org.openide.util.actions.ActionInvoker.doPerformAction(ActionInvoker.java:116)
at org.openide.util.actions.ActionInvoker.invokeAction(ActionInvoker.java:99)
at org.openide.awt.GeneralAction$BaseDelAction.actionPerformed(GeneralAction.java:234)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)
at com.jidesoft.plaf.vsnet.VsnetMenuItemUI.doClick(VsnetMenuItemUI.java:1395)
at com.jidesoft.plaf.vsnet.VsnetMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(VsnetMenuItemUI.java:1190)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6539)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6304)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2239)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4904)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4535)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4476)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2283)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)
at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:159)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)