The atmospheric correction for Sentinel-3 OLCI?

Hi,
The Sen-3 data are available in scihub, yet it seems that the sen3cor(or other names…) supporting atmospheric correction is not released. In the present, I use the SeaDAS to process olci by a git bundle in testing, so I want to know when the SNAP can support the processing?

Atmospheric Correction processors for OLCI are in development but not yet ready for release.
It might need some few month more. Till they get released.

I see. Thanks Marco, look forward to the release.

Hello,

do you know when ESA release implements to perform Atmospheric corrections for Sentinel 3 for every instruments (OLCI, SLSTR etc.) ?

Best Regards
Wojtek

I am sorry for that. I do not know when the sen3cor toolbox would be release. Macro said: “Atmospheric Correction processors for OLCI are in development but not yet ready for release, might need some few month more.” Maybe, in the next 1-2 months, the toolbox will be released.

Regards,
zhigang

This question needs to be considered separately for the instruments OLCI, SLSTR, and also for the so called synergy branch (SYN), and further differentiated by land and water.

ESA is releasing products, and some of the so-called Level 2 product require to perform an atmospheric correction. The list of products, and the associated algorithms, are available from the ESA Sentinel Handbook / ATBD ( https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/user-guides ). For OLCI for example I can say that there is a L2 water leaving reflectance product, and associated ATBD. The land surface reflectance is contained in the SYN product, and the ATBD is available. There is no OLCI land surface reflectance product.

Finally, there is the question of the release dates of the L2 products (OLCI land, OLCI marine, SLSTR, SYN).
You should direct this question to ESA ( eohelp@esa.int ).

Thanks a lot. Looking forward to the release of L2 products.

Regards,
zhigang

See also

The iCOR version for Sentinel-3 is now freely available to perform atmospheric correction for land and for coastal, transitional and inland waters. iCOR for Sentinel-3 OLCI is a modified implementation of the ICOR approach as already implemented in SNAP for the correction of Sentinel-2 and Landsat-8.