Tie points data not extracted by PixEx for OLCI L2 WRR

Hello,
I am using Pixel Extraction tool to extract values from some OLCI L2 WRR data. Everything seems to be fine excepted that I do not get any value from tie-point grids.
I tried with an OLCI L2 WFR product and, conversely, it works fine.
There is any step I am missing for WRR data ?
Many thanks

@marpet Can you please take a look? Thanks.

Hello @ilac2
I’m sorry. I overlooked your post.

I just tried a pixel extraction with both WRR and WFR. IN both the tie-points were included.
pixEx_OL_2_WFR_measurements.txt (14.0 KB)
pixEx_OL_2_WRR_measurements.txt (11.1 KB)

Can you tell a bit more about your configuration? Is it possible that you accidentally disabled the export of tie-points for the WRR run?

Hello @marpet,
thank you very much for your answer.
I just checked and I did not disable the export of tie-points. Below the parameters I have just used. I have just noticed however, that I have this issue only if I try to aggregate results (with median or mean), whereas if I select the ‘no aggregation’ method, I get the tie point values extracted.

params.xml (1.1 KB)

Hi,

You are right. This is an issue and I’ve added it to our bug database.
[SNAP-1534] - JIRA (atlassian.net)
Thanks for pointing us to this problem.

As a work around I can only suggest doing the aggregation after extraction e.g., in Excel.
Or do the extraction twice. One time for the bands with aggregation and one time for the tie-points without aggregation and merge the results afterwards.
As the tie-points have a coarse resolution anyway, this shouldn’t be a big issue.

1 Like