Unable to get orbit files with snappy

Hi,

today i started getting this error when trying to download Sentinel Restituted orbit files for Sentinel1 data with snappy.

I had this error once before, and updating snap/snappy fixed the problem. But today it says that everything is up to date and there are no updates, but the error still persists.

WARNING: org.esa.s1tbx.orbits.gpf.ApplyOrbitFileOp: RESORB files are no longer available from >The Sentinels Scientific Data Hub
RESORB files are no longer available from The Sentinels Scientific Data Hub
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Snappy.py”, line 74, in
apply_orbit_file = GPF.createProduct(‘Apply-Orbit-File’, parameters, p)
RuntimeError: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: RESORB files are no longer available from >The Sentinels Scientific Data Hub

This is the code that sets up the error

parameters = HashMap()
parameters.put(‘orbitType’, ‘Sentinel Restituted (Auto Download)’)
parameters.put(‘polyDegree’, ‘3’)
parameters.put(‘continueOnFail’, ‘false’)
apply_orbit_file = GPF.createProduct(‘Apply-Orbit-File’, parameters, p)

This keeps happening even if i try to use SNAP to apply the orbit file manually.
This is happening for all files i am attempting to use this year (3 so far).

I think it might be a server-side issue with the Sentinel data hub itself. Sometimes, these services have hiccups that get resolved on their own after a bit.

In the meantime, you could manually download the orbit files from the Copernicus SciHub and then point SNAP to use the local files instead of the auto-download feature. Just make sure the dates match your Sentinel data.

Indeed, it seems the 2024 orbit files are unavailable : Index of /auxdata/orbits/Sentinel-1/RESORB/S1A/.

hello, have you resolve this?

Hi, it seems as of today the service has been restored.