Unable to import Iceye_X7 images

It looks like SNAP 8.0 is not yet ready to process ICEYE_X7 satellite images, correct? Any solution for this?

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.getConfiguredTileSize(AbstractProductReader.java:519)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.configurePreferredTileSize(AbstractProductReader.java:501)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:179)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO.readProduct(ProductIO.java:182)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:61)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1443)
at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:68)
at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:303)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2058)

Yes, looks like this. But I don’t know if the reason is that ICEYE_X7 is not supported or if there is another reason. What I can tell is that the error happens at a location where it should not happen.
It seems that the Iceye reader are not correctly implemented.
They return null in error cases in their readProductNodes() implementation, which is not allowed. An exception should be thrown instead.
So in the end the result is the same for you. The data can’t be read.
An update of the implementation is needed.

It’s working fine with ICEYE_X6. I’m not sure if something changed for X7.
Are you using the latest updates to snap 8?

Yes, with all updates.

Thank you! It’s strange that X7 was launched at the end of last year and so far the updates haven’t been implemented…

There are also other things todo. And resources are short. So, not everything can be done immediatly. Even if we would like to.

2 Likes

It seems to be working fine for me, and ICEYE reader doesn’t seem to be the issue. @marpet, did you face the same problem with another X7 image?

I haven’t tried to open the data. But maybe @tahisakuck can answer your question.

I urge everyone finding problems with product readers in SNAP to also report to issue to the satellite data provider.