Unable to open 20m Bands in the Toolbox

Hello,

I seem to have encountered a problem in the opening of the S2 20 metre Bands in the Toolbox. When I try to open them, it tells me it’s creating a Band image, but it stays there for a long time (I tried to do this at over the weekend, and when I came back to my PC 24 hours later it was still trying to create the Band image, so it’s not the fact that I’m impatient :slight_smile: ). It used to work; I’m worried that some subsequent updates have had a negative impact on the tool.

I’m running Windows 7, 64-bit.
My SNAP is 2.0-beta-06.
My S2-TBX Version is 2.0.0.7

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Jan

Hi Jan,

A lot changed on since the beta-06, could you try the beta-08? If you reproduce the problem could you send us the name of the product you are using (to know the level and dates at least)? Thanks in advance and sorry we didn’t get back to you earlier…

Dear all, the problem is still present with version 2.08 with all recent PDGS products.
It is not possible to open the 20 m bands, although all other bands are displayed correctly.
It is probably linked to JP2K compression.
I think this is a major problem that should be investigated with high priority.

Thanks in advance,

Sébastien CLERC
S2MPC Technical Manager

I did succeed to reproduce the problem with one product and raised an issue https://senbox.atlassian.net/browse/SIITBX-152
To be dealt with for the next version.

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the info. I have managed to open the 20 metre Bands in an L1C product from the most recent variant of the processor in SNAP (2.0-beta-08) to check. The product was composed of 4 L1C Tiles. The times of opening for each Band are:

Band 12…62 Seconds
Band 05…12 Seconds
Band 06…13 Seconds
Band 07…73 Seconds
Band 8A…80 Seconds
Band 11…20 Seconds

That’s the sequence I opened the Bands in, and I left the previous all Bands open.

I’m running Ubuntu 12.04.5 Precise Pangolin. According to TOP, SNAP and DAG - the only things running on my Linux account this morning - are using 10.3% of my Memory allocation.

Cheers

Jan

Hi Jan,

It shouldn’t be that long (for B12, B07 and B8A), we don’t observe that here. Could you tell us what product you are using?

Best regards,
Nicolas.

Hi Nicolas
Thanks for getting back to me.
No, I figured it wasn’t nominal:)

In my capacity as one of the S2 MPC-CC Team, it is our task to support verification of evolutions in the processor. The product I have been looking at has been processed with v01.05 of the processor - the product is S2A_OPER_PRD_MSIL1C_PDMC_20151109T102446_R032_V20151013T031009_20151013T031009.SAFE form Datatake GS2A_20151013T030932_001602_N01.05.

I have it here. I can put it on an FTP if you require.

Cheers

Jan

I have the same problem, using SNAP 2.beta 06, windows, when opening recent S2 products (processing baseline > 1.04).
The pop-up window says “creating image for band 11” then nothing happens.
Looking at the task manager it seems SNAP is not using any CPU, and indeed I can continue to do other things with SNAP without problem, but the B11 image never shows.
Curiously the problem does not seem to occur on 60 m or 10 m bands.
For information, I can open the 20 m tiles in QGIS without any problem.

Hope this helps,

Sébastien CLERC
S2MPC Technical Manager