Unhandled file type

Hi there

I am trying to open my sentinel L1C image onto SNAP but I am getting an error that says ‘unhandled file type’. I’m wondering where i went wrong.

Thanks

Nosipho

Hi Nosipho,

It seems that there is no reader in your SNAP installation that is able to open your product. This could be due to:

• Your product does not have the expected SAFE format for Sentinel-2 products. From where have you downloaded the image? Have you modified the name of the product? Please, check also that you are trying to open the metadata file (a file like this: S2A_OPER_MTD_SAFL1C_PDMC_20160404T100526_R084_V20160403T182237_20160403T182237.xml or MTD_MSIL1C.xml)
  • You have not installed the S2 Toolbox when installing SNAP, which contains the readers for Sentinel-2 products. You can check it in Tools->Plugins->Installed. In the list of plugins it should be Sentinel-2 Toolbox kit module.
  • You are using an old version of SNAP. The format of the Sentinel-2 products has changed and it is possible to read this new format with the version 5.0 or higher.
1 Like