User defined Temp directory

I aim to process in the GUI with SNAP (s1tbx) in Windows but I have restrictions on what directories I can use on my computer (work related restrictions). Is it possible to manually define where my SNAP directories are placed?

In particular: my “C:\User\AppData\Local\Temp” is currently the issue, but in general I want to define any upper level directory that SNAP needs to access whilst processing. So far, I’ve only been able to define where SNAP is installed.

Thanks.

Hi,

I’m afraid not all locations can be changed.
For DEM data the location can be configured the snap.auxdata.properties file located in the etc directory of the SNAP installation folder.
This could be improved, I agree. but this is up to future releases (just created: SNAP-1287).
However, I think the AppData directory should not be a problem, as this is intended for applications to put data there. Maybe the restrictions are too strong at your work?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This has helped but unfortunately not completely solved my issue. You are right in regards to the restriction being too strong, I’ll probably have to investigate it from this end to see what other options I have.

Thanks.