Using Google Earth Engine Sentinel-2 images on C2RCC

Hello,

I was wondering if it’s possible to use Google Earth Engine Sentinel-2 L1C images on C2RCC. The problem started when I tried to process some S2 images (that I had filtered and clipped on GEE) on C2RCC (via SNAP). I had no trouble resampling the data, but the C2RCC processing tells me that “Source must be a resampled S2 MSI L1C product”.

Any thoughts about it?
If it’s not possible to use GEE images on C2RCC, any ideas on how could I automatically filter (based on cloud cover) and download the images from another platform?

Sorry about any English errors :slight_smile:

I don’t know the data GEE provides.
But I can tell you what the operator expects.
These bands are needed:

B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8, B8A, B9, B10, B11, B12, sun_zenith,
sun_azimuth, view_zenith_mean, view_azimuth_mean

The product must be geocoded and it must be resampled.

If you have a look in the log file you probably see more details what might be wrong with your data. In the FAQs it is stated who to access the log.

SciHub and the DIAS also allow to filer by cloud cover. This might be an option if the GEE data can’t be used.

Sentinel Data Access Overview - Sentinel Online - Sentinel (esa.int)

1 Like

I have checked the log file and compared the bands. GEE does not provide sun_zenith, sun_azimuth, view_zenith_mean, and view_azimuth_mean bands. Also, it changes the names of the other bands, so I guess that SNAP cannot identify them.

I will check out SciHub and DIAS, probably they are the better option in this case.

Thank You for the help!