Where a new scene Sentinel-2

Hello,
Everyone!

Anyone know why after 30 September no scenes Sentinel-2 (do not exist on AWS and SciHub)?
The last status: Sentinel-2 Mission Status - Sentinel Online - Sentinel Online

Best Regards,
Igor.

Hello @Igor

This issue has been noted, and is under investigation.

Cheers

Jan

S2 MPC Operations Manager

Thank You,
Jan.

1 Like

I see 7650 new acquisitions for the period 1-3 October. Are you aware that scenes are only packaging one single granule since 27 Sept? So the overall volume of scenes is suddenly > 10 times larger. Maybe your script does not take that into account?

Also, looks like ESA is ingesting old scenes in the new one-granule-per-scene format. This creates 10000s of new metadata records. So if you check only for, say, the last 5000 records or so, you will see mostly reprocessed scenes if you select on ingestionDate (use beginPosition instead).

What is great is that products are now available within 8 hours after acquisition. That is a HUGE improvement.

Guido

Hello Guido,

Are you using the SciHub API?

Cheers

Jan

Jan,

I used apihub. I just checked scihub and looks like nothing is visible after 1 Oct indeed. I thought apihub abd scihub shared the same metadata. Maybe there is a bug in the scihub interface. Selection through scripting appears to work.

Guido

1 Like

@glemoine

Hi Guido,

Yes. It has been confirmed that the API side is not affected; it is just the Scihub (and it seems the Amazon AWS) that is affected.

Cheers

Jan