Workflow between SNAP and StaMPS

you can follow the StaMPS tutorial, starting with chapter 6

https://homepages.see.leeds.ac.uk/~earahoo/stamps/StaMPS_Manual_v3.1.pdf

Thanks @ABraun. This is the document that I’m using but I can’t seem to follow the procedure. For instance, I don’t know what to with the first step. I can’t also produce an output when using mt_prep_snap. I would like to thank the authors for providing a manual but I would like to know if there’s a more detailed version (document that shows what to do with specific errors).

take these, for example:

If you can describe the errors you get, we can maybe help

Hello and happy to be among you.
please I would like to know if it is possible to realize all the steps of PSI Stamps in a windows operating system without involving the Linux system?
cordially
Thank you for reply please?

because i’m stuck on a step and i’m working on windows 10.

Hi @ABraun. I’ll take a look at these documents. I think it will be a huge help. Thank you!

Dear friends
Please help me to do PSI in SNAP-StaMPS and R-Studio.
I am preparing a stack of 33 S-1A ascending products to export using SNAP Stamps export. Following:
How to prepare Sentinel-1 images stack for PSI/SBAS in SNAP 5
Then i have to use R- studio.
Please send me list of commands and other resources to complete it through R studio.

StaMPS is written for Linux command line and Matlab. As far as I know there is no R version of it.
But you can use Python to prepare your files in a consistent and correct way. Everything is explained here: Snap2stamps package: a free tool to automate the SNAP-StaMPS Workflow

But after preparation of the SAR files, you will have to switch to Linux shell and Matlab.

ok i will try. But i have R studio installed on my Virtual Machine.
Don’t know how to run python there?

Just as Python, R studio is just a programming environment - you need scripts which define what is to do.

• snap2stamps uses Python to prepare Sentinel-1 SLC products for PS InSAR
  • StaMPS uses Matlab to process the prepared products

None of the methods was developed for R so far.

ok thank you so much.

Hi @ABraun, is it already StaMPS for R ?? Can you please provide a link for that? Thanks

sorry - fundamental typo: I meant ‘there is no R version of it’

Plz guide how to create stack?
like Master-slave1, Master-slave2, Master-slave3 and so on…
or
Master1-slave1, master2-slave2, Master3-slace3, and so on… i
if feel coherence in 2nd one will be better.

currently, SNAP only supports version 1: master1-slave1, master1-slave-2…

I applied batch processing up to backgeocoding keeping one master suggested by SNAP, keeping master at the top but it has changed master during processing.

Please have a look at this overview: About the STaMPS category

It lists many examples on how people proceeded and retrieved good results.

i fear coherence will lost due to large temporal difference?

surely, but that is one main advantage of PS InSAR: It is no longer dependent on coherence because persistent scatterers are selected by other criteria:

The PhH thesis of Andy Hooper (main developer of StaMPS) starts like this:

One of his slides:

Source

1 Like

Hello mdelgado,
I want PSI and have exported a stack of 32 images through SNAP-StaMPS Export. Now the problem is MATLAB is not installed on my VM. I have these resources only.

Please inform is it possible to handle your Snap2stamps package with these resources only.

I’m afraid you cannot run the StaMPS scripts without Matlab, sorry. We told you this in the beginning.

Many academic institutions have license agreements however.