Worldview 2 Product reader

I can’t open the .xml file for worldview 2 product. When using the file type for worldview 2 products the files won’t appear in the folder location.

Hi,
You should choose the _README.XML file within the product, in order to open it in SNAP:

Best regards,
Oana

1 Like

Hi, Oana!
I’m having troubles with opening WorldView 2 product in SNAP 9.0. I’m getting the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.worldview2.metadata.TileComponent.getScalingFactor(TileComponent.java:221)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.worldview2.WorldView2ProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(WorldView2ProductReader.java:189)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:178)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO.readProduct(ProductIO.java:182)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:61)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1443)
at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:68)
at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:303)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2058)

Seems like SNAP cannot load the ABSCALFACTOR parameter from image’s XML file, while this parameter is present there (example):

Do you have any ideas about that?

Thanks!

Hi,
I just tested with the WW2 products that I have and no error occured (but the names of the bands within the products I have are different…). Can you send me the product somehow? Or indicate from where I can download it? Or try to show its structure?

Here is what I have and you can also see the bands name

1 Like

Oana, thank You so much for your reply!
Please find the filestructure attached in fileList.txt
and all the files except tiffs in 050029700010_01_P001_noTiff.zip
If You gave me your email or other contact, I would give You the link to the full data.

050029700010_01_P001_noTiff.zip (424.8 KB)
fileList.txt (4.5 KB)

Hi,
I sent you a private message yesterday with my email address.
From our quick tests and analysis, we noticed that in your product metadata the version is 29:
README/VERSION 29.0
isd/IMD/VERSION 29.0
while in our products metadata the version is 28.
The WV2 reader from SNAP expects a bandid “MS1”, while in your product I see “Multi”.
[isd/IMD/BANDID Multi - in your product, while isd/IMD/BANDID MS1 - in our products]
[isd/RPB/BANDID Multi - in your product, while isd/RPB/BANDID MS1 - in our products]

A first conclusion is that the reader from SNAP should be updated in order to take into account this type of bandid too.
I will get back to you after testing with the actual product. (many thanks for providing it to us)

Hello,
After testing with your product, I confirm that the reader must be upgraded.
I created a ticket in our issue tracker SIITBX-492
After some quick code changes that we made, we managed to open your product:

These changes will be available in the next minor version updates of SNAP 9 (no fixed date yet, I will keep you posted)

1 Like