Apply-Orbit-File [Sentinel Precise (Auto Download)]: No valid orbit file

Hello,

I try to use a pair of Sentinel-1 images in SNAP 2.0 ESA software to DEM generation.

I use following commands:

- radar
- corregistration
- S1 TOPS corregistration
- Apply-Orbit-File and Sentinel Precise (Auto Download) option.

Download is done; but I have the following message: “Apply-Orbit-File: No valid orbit file found …

In my case “Polynomial Degree” is 3 and “Do not fail if new orbit file is not found” is unchecked.

What can I do to use Apply-Orbit-File and Sentinel Precise (Auto Download) option ?

Thanks a lot. Franco

1 Like

Are the images younger than 21 days old? If yes, the precise orbits are not yet available.

Thanks Mengdahl for your answer.

The pair of Sentinel-1 images has been acquired less that 21 days ago.

I will wait for the ESA precise orbits computation.

Franco

In practise the restituted orbits are of very high quality, you can try processing with them already now as the improvement the precise orbits will give you is rather minor.

I’m just wondering what’s the reason behind the 21 days lag of the precise orbit files? I cant find any clue on the web. Why cant the precise parameters be available immadiately? Is it some security issue?

Dear all,
I have two days in IW mode:

1. S1B_IW_SLC__1SDV_20170130T051043_20170130T051110_004073_0070AA_8030
  2. S1B_IW_SLC__1SDV_20170211T051043_20170211T051110_004248_0075D9_BCAE

I tried that do coregistration on them and in the Apply-Orbit-File tab, instead of select Sentinel Precise Orbits, I selected the Restituted orbits but I do not know why I got below error, although I did not select Sentinel Precise Orbits.
Please guide me.
Cheers,

Take a look at this please

also take a look at this

Also did you select the restituted orbets for both images?

Dear Falah…yes I selected for both images.

You can try to find the orbit files that you need in the following link:
https://qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int/aux_resorb/

And then put them in you snap’s folder of orbits:
~/.snap/auxdata/Orbits/Sentinel-1

1 Like

But how can i choose which orbit file should be downloaded ? Because i am confuse about the POD file name, if any idea about the naming pattern pleas tel me.

Thank You

I tried that do coregistration on them and in the Apply-Orbit-File tab, instead of select Sentinel Precise Orbits, I selected the Restituted orbits but I do not know why I got below error, although I did not select Sentinel Precise Orbits.
Please guide me.
Cheers,

please help me

Hello,

I had this error in my batch processing.

I have two questions:

1- When I check an orbit file of my data the dates are different than the exact date and the file is zipped such as below. Why does it like this?

2-How can I distinguish the correct orbit file to download from the ESA website?

Thanks

I do not understand what is going wrong with the Orbit file dates, dates in year 2000 or 2027 are obviously not valid for Sentinel-1. @lveci @kraftek do you have an idea?

As far as I see from the screenshots, the problem is in the outgoing request from SNAP, not on the orbit files.
Not knowing the details of the products, I suspect there may be something related with the locale of the workstation. If I can have a look at the product metadata file (*.dim), I could tell more.

The default date of Jan 1 2000 means the product has no start date. How was the product created? Did you open the the GeoTiff files and created a subset? If that is the case, you need to open the product as a whole including metadata by selecting the manifest.safe file or the zip file.

I just opened zip file in SNAP and then subseted.

you mean this file?

this link is down as well: https://qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int/aux_resorb/

Hello brother,

I am also facing same problem kindly give me the solution.