Note: This issue is similar to the following post but I dont think it has been resolved - it did not work for the users with the problem
I have given a demo of SNAP to two large spatial data organisations here in Ireland - Copernicus data, plus processes in SNAP. They both are interested in trying it, but both have had the same authentification issues which has stopped us from going any further as cannot be used internally.
SNAP works fine on wifi but once on their network - it hangs and must be killed in task manager.
We have tried
- Multiple installs
- multiple PROXY configuration profiles
- checked all urls in C:\Program Files\snap\etc\ snap.auxdata.properties file and they are not blocked
- checked messages.log and there are no errors
- no SNAP errors in the Windows Application Event log.
- Tried editing C:…AppData\Roaming\SNAP\config\Preferences\org\netbeans\core.properties file. Changed proxy to the IP address and explicitly added username and password to the file. Used different username syntax
No luck at this stage - any suggestions? These are exactly the type of organisations we would like to get using Copernicus data.