Baseline estimation in S1TBX/SNAP

Dear lveci,
what should be the range of baselines (Perpendicular and Temporal) for Landslide surface deformation detection.
coherence value Between 0.9- 0.70 is fine or not.

Want to use Differential InSAR for that.

Yes - I cannot figure out how to copy any information (SNAP2.0.2, S1TBX 2.0.3) from the results table. Is it saved somewhere as a file in the .snap folder?

It would be a valuable feature to automatically save this to the clipboard or file!

1 Like

I do the same question.
Is there a way to do that?
If not, please implement it in next release…

ok good idea. I’ll add it to our issue tracker.

Dear lveci,
Seems that manual master selection does not work. The crnologically first image is used as master independently from images order.

thank you

Dear Iveci
I have the main concern than the other members here: even clipboard do not manage to copy the resulting baseline parameters of the stack.
Perhaps it could be the first step (to allow the copy function on the resulting table?)
Many thanks

Hi all,

I have read at Part B of InSAR Principles (ESAs manual), that interferograms with small perpendicular baseline values (<30m), though easy to unwrap, are almost useless due to their high sensitivity to phase noise and atmospheric effects. And values higher than 450m are almost impossible to unwrap. Consecuently, the optimum perpendicular baseline is in the range between 150 and 300 metres…

2 Likes

Have you find a way to copy baselines data from the overview stack table ?

Hi Iveci,

Is there a way to understand if the baseline is between 130and 300m before downloading it?

you can try if you find your desired pair in the ESA Geohazards Thematic Exploitation Platform (TEP)
https://geohazards-tep.eo.esa.int/geobrowser/

I didn’t get the proper use yet but it seems to be very effective.

1 Like

Dear @Iveci,
I wrote a topic and then I saw your post.

Master image can not selected manually. Maybe we are doing wrong something. Is there another step we need to implement?
Thank you.

Hi,
Whenever i’m creating the stack the perpendicular baseline becomes ‘0’. Any suggestion to eliminate this error?

Are you using Coregistration or Create Stack?

Coregistration using Back Geocoding as mentioned in ESA S-1 interferometry tutorial.

grafik

The first perpendicular baseline of the stack must be 0.0 because it is calculated from the position of the master (distance to itself is 0), but the value in the second line should be larger.

Thanks. I’m getting the same [Baseline is 121 m]. But when i create the interferogram, there is no fringes. It is a flat image. I am following ESA guideline for S-1 interometry. I was thinking the problem was due that baseline. But as you mentioned baseline is correct, so the problem is something else. Suggest the solution please .

Hi all,

Is there anyway of accessing the Insar Stack Overview tool through gpt or snappy without using the GUI?

could you please share a screenshot?

seems like it is not yet supported: INSAR / DINSAR - Perpendicular baseline calculation