Bicubic and bilinear resampling method problem in Reprojection Tool

Hi, I am having trouble with the Reproject tool. When I try to Sentinel-1 GRDH data with the use of Bilinear or Bicubic resampling method I am getting a “Cannot construct DataBuffer” error. With Nearest resampling the tool works fine.
I am using the SNAP 2.0-beta-08 version. The input is calibrated S1 GRDH data.

This means you ran out of memory. In the Tools options dialog under s1tbx, you can use the file image stream to conserve memory with large S1 products.

Also, you shouldn’t be using reprojection with SAR data. Use terrain correction or range doppler ellipsoid correction.

Dear Iveci,
I am using Reprojection because my data are predominantly over ocean in polar areas therefore terrain correction is not applicable. For Ellipsoid corrections, the Range-doppler does not give me incidence angle in the result and the Geolocation grid seems to support only very limited number of Map Projections non of which I can use, moreover it also does not give incidence angle output. Otherwise the Geolocation Grid would be my first choice.
The memory problem occurs even when using the file image stream. I am using a desktop PC with 16GB RAM.

What is the operating system?

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1, 64-bit

Like Luis said, one should not use reprojection with SAR data but terrain correction or ellipsoid correction instead.

It looks like we need to add similar options to ellipsoid correction as what we have in terrain correction so that incidence-angle addition and projections are supported.

There is a workaround however, before doing ellipsoid correction you can add the incidence-angle as a new band via band maths by selecting it from the tie-point grids.

Did you changed the memory value in snap.conf already?
You’ll find it in the etc folder of the installation directory…

There is the line which starts with ‘default_options=
In this line you’ll find an option like -J-Xmx5G. Increase the value. You could use something like -J-Xmx13G.

Thank you, the incidence angle added via band math does the job.