Doris5.03 stamps stamps

would you please let me know how to install doris with ubuntu,since I’ve tried several weeks to install(doris 4.0.2,4.0.6, 5.0.3) it ,but fault with "strcat(name_,’\0’) ",replaced withname_[9]=’\0’ later,and "ERROR : [orbitbk.cc " every times.

hi, if we don’t need Doris should we just put # for the line in tcsh stamps file?

if you have pre-processed the data in SNAP - yes
The same appies for SAR, GETORB_BIN, SAR_ODR_DI, SAR_PRC_DIR, VOR_DIR, INS_DIR

thanks. done!
now I’m facing a new problem using mt_prep command, would you please take a look at this?

I’m using 4 photos to check if i’m doing it right, so the command found so manu PSs!

I don’t know much about the data, so it is very hard to guess. What type of data do you use (sensor) and how large is your area? The number of PS candidates seems quite large to me.
Also witdth = 1 and number of interferograms = 0 is very strange.

Have you seen this documentation? https://gitlab.com/Rexthor/gis-blog/blob/master/StaMPS/2_stamps_workflow.md

I’m using sentinel1A - 2019 data over a plain, an i processed whole IW2 because my area includes IW2 and IW3 and I’m going to merge them later. I used 0.2 2 1 100 50 for threshold etc. number pf PSs seem large to me too but which param should I change?!
yeah I think i’ve done all steps according to tutorials but it seems something is going wrong, should I export stamps data and redo the commands?

the amplitude dispersion index usually ranges between 0.4 and 0.42
Your selection of 0.2 would already strongly reduce the number of PS candidates.

o thank you, so maybe that’s the reason of the error, i’ll reprocess it again

hi Andreas! I changed the digit “0,2” to “0,4” but the result was even worse! twice the PS candidates it processed before! is it maybe the next inputs 2 1 100 50? are these numbers maybe wrong or big for an IW? sorry for taking your time

the other parameters have no impact on the number of PS. How large is the area and what does it show?

may I ask how can i calculate the area?! : | because I didn’t crop the IW with roi

maybe you should select only some bursts in the TOPS Split operator to reduce the size of your product.

1 Like

if you work with an entire IW you should use many patches,
StaMPS suggest a single patch containing max 2million PS candidates (or you will get memory issues).

3-4 burst could work with 9-16 patches depend on the specific case.
Full IW (9 bursts) should have x2 or x3 number of patches (in my opinion)

I hope this helps

1 Like

thank you so much I’m doing the process again with 4 bursts, but I’m facing a problem while making interfergoram:
interferogram
I don’t get this message via snap on windows but it takes so much time
how can i fix this problem?

this is memory-related. Your computer does not have enough RAM to process it. So it’s better to compute it on windows (more RAM here?) and wait until it is finished.

2 Likes

It might be also related to the parameter -Xmx specified in the configuration files. This value should be always a bit lower than the available RAM.

I hope this helps

2 Likes

thank you @ABraun and @mdelgado
I did the process with less number of bursts and I increased the number of images so i could have more interferograms and better number of PSs
but i’m facing the problem in stamps(1,1) again

I also face this error for mt_prep too:

would you please help me with this problem?

I hope you updated the ps_load_initial_gamma script.

ouh! sorry… are you using doris?
In such case it should be using ps_load_initial.m and not ps_load_initial_gamma.m

no I’m gonna use psi method by snap and stamps
would please help me with the “the ps_load_initial_gamma script” ? what should I do?

well… then you are posting in the wrong post.
it should be somewhere here in the blog.

Here you have it: New StaMPS release (4.1-beta)

You need to make a backup of the current one found in the stamps/matlab folder and put this one there.
Enjoy!