The ERS ETNA DEM Generation is still reliable?
The overall workflow is still valid, but a few things have changed in SNAP since then:
- Menu structure: Most tools are now at different locations but you can search them in the upper right corner
- Orbit files are now downloaded automatically into a predefined folder, no need to set the directory
- Automatic coregistration is now simple “coregistration”
- Coherence and inteferogram are now computed within one step (interferogram generation)
- Phase filtering is now found under Goldstein phase filtering
- Recomputation of the phase is probably no longer necessary after Multi-Looking
- Application of color schemes is mostly done automatically
- Unwrapping is easier: Export, run snaphu, import (no graphs required any longer)
9 . Instead of phase to height I would recommend phase to elevation using SRTM 1Sec
For the point 3 fo your list, I must use Coregistration>S1 TOPS Coregistration> S1 Back Geocoding and after this process “S1 Enhanced Spectral Diversity”?
For the point 2 I’ve used “Apply Orbit File”
ERS doesn’t need any of the S1 TOPS tools because it is acquired in stripmap mode.
Thank you, I thought that this procedure is correct both for ERS and Sentinel 1, but I was wrong.