How Can ı Run mt_prep_gamma script in Cygwin for PS/Stamps application? Help please!

Hello, ı need help on running mt_prep_gamma script under Cygwin for PS/Stamps application
my computer working system is windows 64bit and ı try to use Cygwin for PS application

Until now ı follow @bayzidul @FeiLiu @katherine and other guys many posts but ı couldn’t pass a step and ı need help

Until now, ı do first Tops-split and then apply orbit file (1 by 1) and then ı creat a stack while using S1-TOPS Back geocoding, and then deburst later spatial supset, and then ı do interferogram formation like @FeiLiu posted (ı did topographic phase removal like below)

and then ı exported 2 results (subset_stack_deb and subset_stack_deb_ifg) to StaMPS
And then ı got 4 files (dem, diff0, geo, rslc)
when ı look at the geo files ı can see the master date lat and lon files just like @FeiLiu posted (20170501.lat ,20170501.lat.par ,20170501.lon ,20170501.lon.par ) and then
ı renamed the scripts mt_prep_gamma_snap and ps_load_initial_gamma_snap.m as mt_prep_gamma and ps_load_initial_gamma.m and placed them in to the /bin directory of StaMPS and StaMPS /matlab directory respectively

and then what should ı do after this step ? ı read many Posts in forum but ı didn’t understand what ı should exactly do after this step
ı mean how can ı run the mt_prep_gamma script while using Cygwin ?
can you explain me this detailly ?

thank you very much

mt_prep_gamma_snap starts to identify the pixels which are candidates for persistent scatterers based on your amplitude dispersion threshold. You simply navigate to the INSAR_master_date folder and type it in.
https://homepages.see.leeds.ac.uk/~earahoo/stamps/StaMPS_Manual_v3.1.pdf (Chapter 6)

To be honest, I didn’t get it to work under cygwin because there are many syntax differences which might cause problems. Please have a look at our overview topic: About the STaMPS category and go through the discussions on the problem. There were some who managed to do it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the answer @ABraun
I already know this topic and ı check it before
Now ı have just installed linux to my computer and ı try to do it on linux system after seing similar comments about errors because of using cygwin and windows
If ı can not do the last step again then some help can be good :slight_smile:
thank you again

Hi guys, I have a quastion, pls tell me why when I type mt_prep 0.4 3 2
… in matlab(in insar_master_data location), it doesnt run!!! And give me error such as undefiend variable!!

Hi firat
I have problems like you. Have you fix it and continue do it? Could you share your experience with me?
Thanks

Hello,

ı fixed that problem but ı didn’t use cygwin, instead of that ı worked program in linux and for working program you should first add paths of some program working directories in to the terminal which are inside staMPS folder. These directories are bin, staMPS_CONFIG_bash, snaphu_bin and triangle (if you will do step 8). Also u should add path of the directory of your working folder (ı advised u to put your study folder in the staMPS folder with this way more easy) and then write

mt_prep_gamma 20170712 (master-image-date) /media/frat/C282BF7082BF6815/StaMPS-4.1-beta/ascending-20170712-20161220-20180120/INSAR_20170712 (your study folder directory) 0.4 1 1 50 200 (these patches (1 1) can change according to how much your study area is big)

you can write mt_prep_gamma if you use staMPS_3, but if you use staMPS-4b then write mt_prep_snap and if you use staMPS-4 then you don’t have to change mt_prep_gamma and ps_load_initial folders with the same folders inside stamps bin and matlab directory, for more details please check the forum but if you have more question, ı can reply

Sincerely
bye

1 Like