Landslide deformation monitoring

i want to monitoring the deformation areas using SLC SAR images. then I created coherence image for this area by using two SLC image with 57m perpendicular base line separation and 365 days temporal base line separation.but this area is highly vegetated area because the changes of topography of the surface identification is very difficult. can you suggest another method for that, without phase unwrapping step?

is this the exact difference? Besides the fact that it is extremely long, the images should always be from the same orbit/track, therefore the temporal baseline should be a multiple of 6 or 12 days.

If you have creeping movements you might try the offet tracking tool of SNAP which uses GRD images to derive surface movements. This could work on vegetated ground, given that there are characteristic patterns present in both images.
InSAR is generally challenging in vegetated areas, the only thing to reduce the decorrelation is to use short time intervals (6 days) of multiple image pairs and analyze the sum of their displacements.

If you have a single landslide event with much displacement, InSAR might not be a suitable tool, because it only captures coherent changes.

2 Likes

Dear @shanika,

this rgdoi.net/10.13140/RG.2.2.35085.59362
thesis and even more the cited literature might be interesting for you.

1 Like

thank you for your guidance.I will try with that type of SLC images. can I go with PSI method for that? I don’t know so much things about this method.

PSI is a quite advanced technique but we compiled some documents on how to start. Many expect it to work within a week but for unexperienced users, this is not realistic.

hello guys,
I want to know how do we input atmospheric data such as PWV data (Precipitible Water Pavor) to SNAP in order to do atmospheric correction in our DInSAR result?
Thank YOu

SNAP doesn’t provide this, but you might have a look at these. All of them suggest ways to reduce atmospheric effects in InSAR products but it mostly requires coding: