Linux Installation using StaMPS and S-1 data

Indeed @ABraun you are right.
I am afraid the study area is too large. Could you please say how many burst and subswaths are contained in your AOI and which is the RAM of your computer?

@mdelgado… one subswath and two brusts

After installing successfully all the necessary software packages, StaMPS should work smoothly (except for Step 2 where you have to update your ps_load_initial_gamma.m in the matlab folder under StaMPS-4.1-beta).

Let me share to you my StaMPS_CONFIG.bash and StaMPS_CONFIG.tcsh files as shown below. Just change the username (i.e. ryeramirez in this case) to an appropriate one. Please note that I am using snap2stamps for the pre-processing part.

Below is the screenshot for sourcing StaMPS (and TRAIN).

Again, this should work smoothly if you have the correct directory paths.

I hope this helps.

Thanks also to @ABraun and @mdelgado because I came up with my own documentation about downloading, installing, and running the many software packages for PSI analysis using StaMPS.

1 Like

What about the HW resources?

@mdelgado @ABraun @thho @CFEgildan71
I have re installed os again and run the stamp and still am unable to get the result

As it remained unanswered so far: Do the folders you have exported from SNAP look alright?

• geo
  • rslc
  • diff0
  • dem

Their content should look similar as here: Workflow between SNAP and StaMPS

Thanks Dears @ABraun @thho @mdelgado
by downgrading ubuntu 20.04 to 18.04 now it is working
n

thank you for reporting.

@ABraun stay blessed!

Well…
could it be related to the gcc version employed?
Which one you used to compile the code in the stamps/src folder?

@Am not quite sure whether it is related or not…

I found it on CentOS … so this is why I am asking.

@now am simply runing default stamp(1,1) without any command
in which step i should have to insert?
setparm(‘insar_processor’,‘gamma’)
and
setparm(‘scla_deramp’, ‘y’)

you can set the parameters in the beginning and they apply whenever the corresponding step uses them

Please have a look at this great documentation of all parameters: https://gitlab.com/Rexthor/gis-blog/-/blob/master/StaMPS/2-4_StaMPS-steps.md

Setting the processor to “gamma” does not make sense to me when you prepared the data in SNAP.

@ABraun I have already processsed up to step2 is it needed to go back or inserting the parameter at step 3?

whenever you change a parameter, you have to reprocess all steps which included it.

You can check in the source code where each parameter is used: https://github.com/dbekaert/StaMPS/blob/master/matlab/stamps.m

as you see in line 121, insar_processor is used in step 1, so if you want to go sure that changes will correctly be applied, you have to run again from step 1.

test_result!

very good, congratulations on getting through the technical part!

Thanks alot @ABraun… this is the area with out subseting the study area…is there anyway to subset the map in matlab or other mapping softwares?..and i need the result to be in mm/year rather than rad/year what i have to do?

you can define a subset of the created map as described in the manual:

please check the plotting options. You need ps_pot('v-do') for metric results.