NDVI-processing problem

Dear Helpers,

Suddenly the system refuses to make NDVI (for Landsat 8):

The specified region, if not null, must intersect with the image`s bounds

What can be a reason?

More details:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The specified region, if not null, must intersect with the images bounds. at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(PlanarImage.java:2069) at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64) at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:420) at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:406) at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.Operator.getSourceTile(Operator.java:442) at org.esa.snap.ndvi.NdviOp.computeTileStack(NdviOp.java:128) at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:116) at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:85) at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:904) Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: The specified region, if not null, must intersect with the images bounds.
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorExecutor$GPFImagingListener.errorOccurred(OperatorExecutor.java:375)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.sendExceptionToListener(SunTileScheduler.java:1646)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:921)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(OpImage.java:1129)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(PlanarImage.java:2085)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:420)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:406)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:73)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(SourcelessOpImage.java:137)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:904)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(OpImage.java:1129)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(SunTileScheduler.java:247)
[catch] at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(SunTileScheduler.java:468)

Probably you have opened the landsat8 data in its native resolution. Which means the images have different sizes.
Please use from the File menu Import / Optical Sensors / Landsat / Landsat8 in 15m or
Import / Optical Sensors / Landsat / Landsat8 in 30m

1 Like

Yes, peciesely!
THANKS.

i am having the same problem,
but i am using sentinel 1 images ( 2 SLC)
can u helpme get over it.
thanx

Does Luis answer help you?

In addition I see there are SNAP updates waiting for installation. You should apply them. Just click on the little globe with the arrow in the lower right corner.

1 Like

i see ! thanx a lot !!

Dear marpet
But when I split the TOPS image and apply an orbit connection, I cannot coregister them, because the coregistration is defined for multi sub-swath SLC burst products. What would you suggest?

Sorry, Im not a SAR expert.
Maybe @lveci, @mengdahl or @ABraun can help

The only thing I can think of is the subset before the deburst. Maybe this causes the error regarding the “image’s bounds”.

@khaldi: Instead of subsetting your interferogram, select a smaller part already in the TOPS coregistration by reducing the number of bursts:

grafik

1 Like

Than you all. I updated the app and now by clicking on the performance bar, I can see that the RAM memory is freed. Yet, I need to split my images two times. In the first time, SNAP doesn’t write any output file on my hard drive. but when I hit the run button again, it does. It’s weird though but I managed to do it.

1 Like