Oil Spill Detection Tools Bug

Thank you for testing.
@jun_lu is this behaviour intended?

I tested with my data - this one was generated with a background window of 5 km within a few seconds. So probably the size of the oil spill should define the size of the window. Can you measure the width of the oil spill area in your case?

Thank you for testing too.

0.09km

this is the standard deviation.
The actual length is 28.5 km. In your case, 10 km should be sufficient for the background window then.

Done it. 33 minutes and it’s quite reliable as result. (not obv as the 1400 km, but at least it has done in half an hour).

I want to thank you for the help. Really appreciated.

Just one last question: you chose 10 km window for a 30 km oil spill, based on which reasoning?

Imagine it as a square window. Even if it doesn’t fully cover the entire oil spill it is large enough to statistically separate oil from water. Would be different if the shape of oil spill was compact.

Oh ok understood.
Thank you man. Really appreciated. Hope this topic will help someone else having my same issue.
Have a great day.

Hello everyone, I also had this issue with the Oil spill detection tool stopping at 21%. I found out that when you save the product as NetCDF4-BEAM instead of BEAM-DIMAP it works in ~only~ 32 minutes (guess it depends on background window size and other options). Still haven’t tested the other formats. Other issues seem to be, as mentioned before, the download of SRTM data, as well as the directory where you save the product.