Phase to Displacement Units?

Dear ABraun

I read this comment for you previously, in which you wrote that there are many approaches. I was going to ask you if you may refer the most popular one, please?. And do we always need in-situ measuremnets or this analytic way is quite enough?.

All the best

Sorry I can’t tell which is the most popular. The simple ones are often less correct.
A compromise between complexity and accuracy is used in this study by @mdelgado: Remote Sensing | Free Full-Text | Measuring Urban Subsidence in the Rome Metropolitan Area (Italy) with Sentinel-1 SNAP-StaMPS Persistent Scatterer Interferometry

In situ measurements help to assess the accuracy of your calculation so that you can report which error range has to be expected.

1 Like

Thank you so much.

Dear ABraun,

I am searching for an article or a tutorial that explains the practical steps of any appoach of LOS decomposition (I mean like the usual way you do in the tutorials), but I found nothing. Can you help me with this please?. Thank you.

All The Best

Resolving three-dimensional surface displacements from InSAR measurements: A review

Hii I am very new in this field, please let me know from where we will get the incidence angle?

Please see here: About processing radiometric calibration IW SLC in SNAP - #18 by ABraun

This master’s thesis is very helpful too.

https://repository.tudelft.nl/islandora/object/uuid%3A9bea6424-c03b-4e0b-95b9-cc6871959f2d

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you Sir.

Hello, thank you very much for your explanation, I just have a question…How can I get these ‘‘accurate GPS measurements’’? please.(any useful link or document)

Hi jam1,

I do not know what your research topic is and what results you are trying to validate.

Accurate geodetic GPS measurements for validating results derived by Remote Sensing are usually taken by the person who carries out the research (in this case its you). If you are unable to get those GPS measurements, maybe a government body (the country you are working in) used GPS receivers over the same AOI you are working on and made those data available.

Hi everyone!

I have recently found that the new version of ESA STEP SNAP v.9.0 offers a new operator within the Sentinel-1 toolbox for horizontal and vertical displacement retrieval.

I have tried to use this operator following the instructions to my Sentinel-1 IW SLC Ascending and Descending pairs that I have already processed and produced the wrapped and unwrapped interferograms for the earthquake I am studying.

The tool returns the following error when I am trying to run it:

A problem occurred during the target product initialization.
Type: OperatorException

I have made various tests and configurations to the collocated files, and none worked.

Could you please offer me some insight or more detailed instructions regarding the inputs that this operator needs?

Thank you in advance for your help

Please use SNAP v10, the current supported version.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I hope this problem will be solved by installing the new version

1 Like