Please test the SBAS_snap2stamps

:man_facepalming:

thank you. I was always using xmin ymin xmax ymax coordinates instead of xmin ymin and xwidth and ywidth

Hello @dongyusen

Many thanks for your nice code.
I did step 5sbas_export.py and got this message:
First, run mt_prep_snap 20200122 /media/oem/Toshiba/snap-stamps-sbas/semarang/SBINSAR_20200122/SMALL_BASELINES/20200104_20200128 0.6 … in /media/oem/Toshiba/snap-stamps-sbas/semarang/SBINSAR_20200122

Then I entered to /media/oem/Toshiba/snap-stamps-sbas/semarang/SBINSAR_20200122 and run mt_prep_snap 20200122 /media/oem/Toshiba/snap-stamps-sbas/semarang/SBINSAR_20200122/SMALL_BASELINES/20200104_20200128 0.6

My question is, in which directory I must run stamps (in matlab)?
in /media/oem/Toshiba/snap-stamps-sbas/semarang/SBINSAR_20200122 or /media/oem/Toshiba/snap-stamps-sbas/semarang/SBINSAR_20200122/SMALL_BASELINES ?

I am waiting your answers or maybe @ABraun can help me please.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sudi

I recommend to create a new empty directory and run mt_prep_snap in there. This works as long as you give the full path to the StaMPS export folder in the command
And it separates the exported data from the newly created data

1 Like

Thanks for your comments @ABraun. As you mentioned in Please test the SBAS_snap2stamps, I must (always?) run mt_prep_snap in SMALL_BASELINES folder. I followed your comments and run matlab also in SMALL_BASELINES folder, it works well (now on going in step stamps (2,2).
5sbas_export.py suggests me to run mt_prep_snap … in /media/oem/Toshiba/snap-stamps-sbas/semarang/SBINSAR_20200122. I think @dongyusen should review again this message generator in 5sbas_export.py. Otherwise many users (a beginner like me) will misunderstand. That is just my opinion.

Regards,

You are right, this is contradictory.

Personally, in run mt_prep_snap elsewhere to keep it clean (it really doesn’t matter because you specify the location of the SNAP exports in the command), but for the Matlab processing we have to be inside the SBINSAR directory of course

1 Like

Dear @ABraun

I am sorry for disturbing your weekend.
I run mt_prep_snap masterdate workdirectory 0.6 2 2 50 200.
It works well. Then, Stamps processes in matlab also good in PACTH_1 until step 5.
However, I got error when I run stamps step 2 in PATCH_2, as follows:
Index in position 1 is invalid. Array indices must be positive integers or logical values.

Error in ps_est_gamma_quick (line 221)
ph_grid(grid_ij(i,1),grid_ij(i,2),:)=ph_grid(grid_ij(i,1),grid_ij(i,2),:)+shiftdim(ph_weight(i,:),-1);

Error in stamps (line 327)
ps_est_gamma_quick(est_gamma_parm);

I have searched this issues in STEP forum and google, but I got nothing.
I have no idea, PATCH_1 is good up to step 5 but PACTH_2 error in step 2.
Do you have any solution, please?

I attached some processing screenshots.

Regards,

have you replaced the ps_load_initial_gamma.m script as provided here? Please test the SBAS_snap2stamps

Dear @ABraun
Yes, I did.
Just for your information, I run stamps using stamps (1,8). Should I run step by step?

I would recommend to process each step separately
stamps(1,1)
stamps(2,2)

and so on, so you keep track of potential errors.

1 Like

Dear @ABraun, @ Dong, there are two interferograms through SBAS_sanp2stamps, the dates are 20180614_20180708 and 20180626_20180708, respectively. Clearly, the last one was encountered some fault in process of interferometric, so I want to know how can I solve this problem. In other words, is there some ways I can carry out the process of interferometric on a specific interferogram which has obvious false.

I see no systematic error here. The good thing of SBAS is that it increases the amounts of interferograms for time-series processing. Smaller artefacts or atmospheric disturbances are mitigated by the others, for example by temporal filtering, the selection of candidates and the creation of a PS network.

Did I get you correctly - you only have two interferograms in your workflow in total?

Of course not, actually there are 145 interferograms in this case totally, these two are typical I choose to present, in some extent, I thought the interferometric results have an impact on unwrapping results.

What is the perceived issue on the 2nd interferogram - could you mark it for better understanding? Are the fringes on the 1st interferogram due to deformation?

Sorry, I forgot to check the order in the interferograms, the first interferogram is corresponded with No. 144 in usb result, and the 2nd one is corresponded with No. 145. As for the fringes on the 1st interferogram, I have to say that I don’t know the reason. The issue is, Why do the two interferograms look so different, the fringes on the 1st interferogram is obvious and the 2nd is not, especially the interferomertric date of the 2nd one is included in the first one. Or can you tell me how to check if the interferomertric process is successful. Thank you.

Hi Forum!
Thank you for @dongyusen 's wonderful scripts!
I’m now using the newly updated scripts. But I got an error when running the 4sbas_topsar_ifg.py .
The ifg pairs of supermaster and slaves were OK. But when it came to the submaster and its slave, the error appeared:

Here is my configure txt file:

I didn’t know what was going wrong, could you help me?
Thank you in advance

Hi Forum!
I’m trying to run the graph in snap to find out where I went wrong, and I found an interesting thing:

If I run the graph ‘coreg_ifg2run_exportcoreg.xml’ which Multilook and Subset the data in folder tempcoreg. And then, I run the graph ‘sbas_ifg2run.xml’(containing a Land Sea Mask node and an Interferogramety node), it worked fine.

:sweat_smile:I couldn’t understand why the scripts generate the subset of the coregistered image from folder tempcoreg to folder coreg while using the whole scene of the coregistered image(in tempcoreg folder) to generate interferogram. Why can’t we create subset of the coregistered data and then generate interferogram?

Maybe I misunderstand the logic of the scripts~ Please correct me if I said something wrong.

Thank you in advance

Regards,
Linya

Hello @dongyusen and @ABraun

I would like to apply SBAS to large area. It requires to use IW1, IW2, and IW3.
Is it possible to process at once?
How to set in parameter file if I would like to use more than one swath?

PROCESSING PARAMETERS

IW1= ???
MASTER=S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV_20181124T104120_20181124T104149_024728_02B853_B61A.zip
##################################

Please give your suggestion.

Thank you very much.

EDIT: I just fixed it by set:

PROCESSING PARAMETERS

IW3=IW1, IW2, IW3
MASTER=S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV_20181124T104120_20181124T104149_024728_02B853_B61A.zip
##################################

What I know sbas_snap2stamps does not support multi-swath processing directly. However, you can simply process the sub-swaths separately (ideally in separate project folder) and then use the S1-TOPSAR-Merge to merge the desired sub-swaths for each interferogram pairs. But maybe someone knows some other way.

Thank you for your comments @panggea.
I tried to process 2 swath. It runs good until 3sbas_topsar_coreg.py.
I found coregistered SLC IW1 and IW2 with same date master and slave.
For example: 20151023_20141016_IW1_coreg.dim and 20151023_20141016_IW2_coreg.dim
4sbas_topsar_ifg.py is not yet due to my HDD is full.
But, I think 4sbas_topsar_ifg.py can process multi-swath.
When I processed 1 swath, I found this one during 4sbas_topsar_ifg.py:

*****20210111_20210216 will be mosaicing and subsetting …
***** One Swath Used *****

As you can see, 4sbas_topsar_ifg.py provides “mosaicing” step. I think “merge” or “mosaic” swaths will be done at this step.

However, when I processed 2 swath, I found 20151023_20141016_IW1_coreg.dim and 20151023_20141016_IW2_coreg.dim in tempcoreg folder.
My question is how to set:
CropSx=
CropSy=
CropWx=
CropWy=
From 2 swath?
Should I merge first the coregitered SLC?
Maybe @dongyusen and @ABraun can help.

Thank you

root@rakesh-Precision-Tower-5810:/media/rakesh/rakesh/jamnagar_2018_19/bin# python3 5sbas_export.py shanxi.txt
/media/rakesh/rakesh/jamnagar_2018_19
/media/rakesh/rakesh/jamnagar_2018_19/graphs
IW3
S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV_20190426T011020_20190426T011047_026954_030885_3E4D.zip
/usr/local/snap/bin/gpt
S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV_20190426T011020_20190426T011047_026954_030885_3E4D.zip
Checking finished files in /ifg
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “5sbas_export.py”, line 89, in
maxfile_date = max(max(file1), max(file2))
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

Please give me solution for the above error.

Thank you.