Pleiades image .xml file

Hi all,

I am trying to import a Pleiades image by File / Import / Optical Sensors / Pleiades / Pleiades

When I navigate to the folder containing the Pleiades .xml file, the .xml file is greyed out and I am unable to select it. Same for both MS and pan images.

SNAP version 9.0.0, the Pleiades images are bundles of PAN + multispectral reflectance products.

I am able to open the .TIF files by File / Open. When I do this, the .TIF file name appears as “geotiff” in the product explorer. These are three different files from three different dates:

Has anyone else experienced this and is this how Pleiades are expected to behave?

Hi,
Try with File → Open and select the VOL_PHR.XML file.

Thanks for the tip Oana,

I tried opening the VOL_PHR.XML file and I get this exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The Product ‘ORTHO P DS_PHR1A_202109171210125_FR1_PX_W011N52_1207_00653’ already contains a raster with the name ‘Area_Of_Interest Mask_2m’.
at com.bc.ceres.core.Assert.argument(Assert.java:67)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.Product.addMask(Product.java:2625)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.Product.addMask(Product.java:2615)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.pleiades.PleiadesProductReader.lambda$addGMLMasks$0(PleiadesProductReader.java:413)
at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1382)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$Head.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:647)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.pleiades.PleiadesProductReader.addGMLMasks(PleiadesProductReader.java:401)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.pleiades.PleiadesProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(PleiadesProductReader.java:266)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:178)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO.readProduct(ProductIO.java:182)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:61)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1443)
at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:68)
at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:303)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2058)

Hi,
We will look into it, I created a ticket in our issue tracker: SIITBX-493.

1 Like

Thanks Oana, I’m on macOS Big Sur 20G630 if it helps