Relative heights to absolute heights in DEM generation?


Hello everyone!!

I have been looking for this question along the forum and I have found several people asking for this topic (the best example in here) but I haven´t found a clear answer for it (I apologise if I’m duplicating the topic).
So, my main question is, can I use SNAP 3.0 to convert relative heights to absolute ones? What I have to use and do if SNAP can be used to this purpose? Or maybe, on the other hand, I have to use other type of software?

I have read in the linked topic that I attach before that the idea to make this conversion it’s to have a known altitude point and change the altitude for the rest of points based on this one. I do understand this in theory but I don’t know how to put it in practise, any suggestion?

Thanks for your time.
Best regards,
Eduardo Ramos.


Well, finally I have solved my question. If anyone has this same question in the future, I have to say that the elevation map that SNAP computes is correct, I mean, the altitudes already are absolute heights (not relative), Google Maps has the possibility of giving heights for a given coordinate, I checked my elevation map comparing with the data of Google Maps and are very similar.

Best regards.


Thank you!
Could you please give the steps that you did to get correct DEM using SNAP. Actually, I am trying to build a DEM using two S1 SLC but I am not getting a good result. The temporal and perpendicular baselines of my data are: 12 days and 62m.