Safe bands in separate files

Hi folks,

I started to work with S-2 MAJA processed data.
My workflow:
Bands extractor to only keep 10 bands (Flat reflectance) + cloud mask
Resampling the 20m bands
Reprojecting to local CRS

I would like to export the result as geotif but all the bands in seperate files.
So it is somehow like the MUSCATE original format.
So far I have not figured out how to do this. Export Geotif only produces mulitlayer raster.
Thanks for the help

I think this Thread can help you:

Are you very sure you have to use GeoTIFF? Exporting data from SNAP has a section on direct use of BEAM DIMAP products.

Thanks Marco,

it took me a while, but the split seems to work now =).
I do a reprojection to EPSG 25832 and than a subset.

After drawing a polygon in QGIS (25832) I imported it to a reprojected scene and took the WKT from the image window.

Now the reprojected scene doesn´t fit to the original polygon after imported back into QGIS.

Is it better to subset with a polygon drawn in WGS84 and before reprojection?

Thanks again…you are a great help to a lot of us
Christian

Hi George,

I want to put the resulting data into a data cube. Therefore I have choosen GeoTIFF.

Thanks for the thoughts
Christian

when you have taken the WKT from the reprojected scene then it is okay to do the subsetting after the reprojection.

It should also be fine if you take the WKT from the original S2 scene, which is in UTM CRS. Then doing the subsetting first and then the reprojection. Sure, both will lead to different results but should be -somehow- in line with the original polygon.
In both cases the subsetting is using the bounding box of the polygon.

Right now, I can hardly imagine what the difference between the processing result and the expected polygon is. Can you provide some images?

In terms of performance, it doesn’t matter much in which order you do the subsetting. Because it is only processed what is written to the output. Doing the subsetting first might be a bit faster.

To me, “data cube” is just a 3-D array. Older software may only support GeoTIFF, some newer software won’t make a data cube from heterogeneous 2-D images because the metadata support assumes consistent scaling, units, etc. for all cells. Newer software may call a heterogeneous data cube a “stack” and preserve metadata for each layer.

Hi again,

I tried a to find a suitable workaround.
Unfortunately I can´t get resulust near to the quality I need them.
Polygon with original image in QGIS.

subset_04

Poygon with subset image from snap
subset_03
subset_05

some rough messurements to get an impression about the dimensions

so far I have not figured out why SNAP is not subseting correctly.

Maybe it is not the best tool to do the subsets?

Many use the subsetting on S2 data and they are happy with the results. So, in general it works quite well.
You could try to create the polygon in SNAP or describe your process in more detail. Share the polygon and mention the name of the product you are using. Maybe there is a mittle mistake somewhere.