SBAS-InSar processing in SNAP

Hi, guys. Now I wonder whether the latest SNAP Version can do SBAS-InSar processing or not? Thanks.
Best wishes.:joy:

it is not implemented. By now, the only option to apply Persistent Scatterer techniques is the export for the later processing in StaMPS and matlab: http://forum.step.esa.int/c/s1tbx/stamps

Hi, does SBAS has been implemented yet in SNAP?

1 Like

No, unforrunately multi-baseline interferogram stacks are currently not possible

Too bad, i have a question. I knew that stamps can only be run on Linux. But can i run it on vmplayer just like snaphu?

It has been really a long wait! :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

We will support interfacing with PyRate in the future so unfortunately the wait not over yet, but it will come! The current target is SNAP8.0 that should be released in ~6 months.

2 Likes

for my research project I need to use the SBAS technique how would I implement it through SNAP

1 Like

the basic idea of SBAS is to create interferograms between all image pairs which fulfill defined criteria, e.g. perpendicular_baseline < 50 m and temporal baseline < 48 days. It is currently not implemented in SNAP to do this automatically and also the StaMPS export currently only allows single master stacks.

Multi-master functionalities are planned for future versions of SNAP, but not in the upcoming months.

Hello, Mr Abraun. I want to perform SBAS, and could you please tell me wheather SNAP version 7.0 now supports SBAS or not?

Thx in advance

SBAS export for StaMPS is not ready to use in the current version of SNAP.

Got it. So sorry

No problem, we are all so excited about it :wink:

1 Like

It will not be supported within SNAP 7.0 and the entire topic of multi-master interferograms are planned to be finished in SNAP 10 the latest (https://senbox.atlassian.net/browse/SITBX-721).

3 Likes

Dear ABraun, May I know when SNAP 10 version will release?

I only know that SNAP 9 is scheduled for autumn 2021.

2 Likes

Could anyone describe the purposes of SBAS and how can I apply it in SNAP.

Currently, SNAP only supports PSI, please have a look here: StaMPS - Detailed instructions

Future versions of SNAP come with support of the PyRate environment which follows the SBAS approach: Output name errors when saving SNAP files for PyRate - #10 by SebBuchelt

is there any tutorial for how to work with PSI in SNAP ?

yes, several exist.