Sentinel-1 data preprocessing

Thanks for the heads up, Marcus.

Andreas, you’ve solved it! Previously I was opening up the extracted manifest.safe file, but at your suggestion I opened the zip file instead and the calibration performed perfectly. It’s unclear why it makes a difference, but it did in this case. Thank you, I am grateful!

that is strange indeed but maybe something went wrong with the unpacking.
I am happy that we found a solution.

Sir, I have done the decomposition of full polarimetric data therefore I got the multiband image but I have to do the fusion of SAR and optical data later on. So, can we perform decomposition to perform fusion later on because I have not found the research papers related to multiband- multiband fusion.

So, sir please suggest what preprocessing steps need to be performed for the application of fusion. As I have to perform the fusion of the images.

Please suggest Sir, as I am really confused in this.

there is no standard way for the fusion of optical and radar data, it can be achieved in multiple ways. Not all are supported by SNAP but it strongly depends on what you want to do with the fused information. Maybe you tell us a bit more about that.

Dear STEP forum

I just saw this nice Sentinel-1 image off the Azores from the ESA website

It says “This Sentinel-1A radar image was processed to depict water in blue and land in earthen colours.”

I am curious to understand how this would be done: Is it “simply” processing the image through SNAP (orbit file, calibration, multilooking etc) and then reading the processed image into e.g. Python, Matlab etc where specific colour palette (blue for water, earth colours for land) are applied to the image’s pixels?

I could see how to do that, but it does look way better than this.

Is there another way? is this an RGB with specific colour palettes ?

Could you tell me why ?about my computer or other matters? how to work it ,could you hlep me?

it is a memory problem - this error is discussed in detail here:

Is there a reason why you use SLC data instead of GRD, as you are basically creating a terrain corrected and calibrated band, you could as well use GRD and considerably reduce the processing amount.

Thank you for your advices.I will try GRD next.

Hello forum i was looking for the sentinel -1A data from 2014 through 2016 in Alaska satellite facility and also in Copernicus open access hub but I coudn’t find any do you know what the problem is ?

What parameters (product level, polarization, image mode) did you search for?

I want in VVVH polarization ,IW image mode and GRD high resolution

Thanks you. Looks good at first, where is your search area?

Omo gibe basin,Ethiopia

I do get results based on your search, can you please test again with these settings?

Ya I get the same result too. but it is offline product and it is offline after entered to cart and cant be downloaded additionally it doesn’t show up for 2015 and 2015 .

offline means it has to be provided from the long term archive first. Please see here: ESA Copernicus data access - Long Term Archive and its drawbacks

A student was doing a fairly standard cal process, then speckle filter (standard Lee settings) and got a black screen with a few white specs for VV. VH fine. As suggested below, I loaded “Colour Manipulation” and saw the automatic dynamic range had failed. I used “Manual” in the tool to select a range of 1 to 40000, and the image appears. The slider option does not work…too sensitive. Maybe the Lee filter has huge values due to divide by small number or something. The “Manual Edit” option is also not great code i.e. typing in the min/max is hit and miss.

I agree that the color manipulation could be more elegant, but at the end of the day all of its fuctions do work.
If the image stays black upon first loading there might be a problem with the tile cache setting, but this is just a guess.

Helo!
Have an semelhante problem, for the same date.
Unit: intensity
min:0.0
Max:4.9E-324
How will possible solutions?