Sentinel-2 reprocessing campain to baseline 02.04

Dear Sentinel-2 MPC staff,
@Jan @Olivier @sclerc

I am wondering if the Sentinel-2 products sensed between 24th November 2015 and 15th June 2016, corresponding to baseline 02.01 and 02.02, will be reprocessed to baseline 02.04.
Last Sentinel-2 Mission Status Reports (last version here: https://sentinel.esa.int/documents/247904/2802949/Sentinel-2-Mission-Status-Report-77-Period-25-Feb-03-Mar-2017), state in the outlook ‘Continued reprocessing campaign, expected finalisation within Q1 2017’, but it is not specified to which products the reprocessing campain refers to.

As stated in this post the different baseline are in some cases misregistered:

although this post states that they can be considered consistent for radiometry.

To deal with multitemporal analysis of Sentinel-2 data and derived products, it would be necessary to use data processed using the same baseline, in order to avoid misregistration issues.

Do you know to which products the ongoing reprocessing campaign referes to, and if a full reprocessing of the entire Sentinel-2 data to a common baseline will be scheduled in the near future?
kind regards,

Federico

1 Like

Hi Federico,

I am unable to answer your question regarding the timeframe for Reprocessing, as this lies beyond our responsibility.
Certainly, the complete archive will be reprocessed to a homogeneous level at some future date.

We (the MPC-CC) are curently verifying a large amount of data acquired during the first six months of the mission (June - December 2015).

Cheers

Jan

Dear Jan,
thanks for clarification.
Should my question be made to EO Support at copernicus.esa.int or someone else?
Kind regards,

Federico

Hi Federico,

I think eosupport@copernicus.esa.int are the ones. They should forward your request on to ESA.

Cheers

Jan