SNAP Downloading issues

Hi,
I’m new to using SNAP and experiencing issues when I’m trying to download some Sentinel-2 data for a location in England, to use for my Masters Project to do some NDVI.
I’m getting lots of errors in SNAP about “unable to download” or “no appropriate reader” (but I guess that’s because the folder hasn’t downloaded correctly).
I’ve done exactly the same things as when I successfully got data to download and start to process (I know it can work - and it’s great when it does!).
I’ve spent about 30 hours trying to get zip folders to download the last few days, to no avail, hence my reach out to you!
I’ve tried the “switch it off and then on again”! My broadband connection and laptop are fine at downloading other things. I’ve tried various times of day (currently 2am UK time!).
I’m wondering if you have any tips or you could suggest someone I could ask!
Very much appreciated.
Jo

Hi Jo,
First, are you downloading the Sentinel-2 data using Product Library within SNAP or how?
Second, please describe (or provide a screenshot) on the type of products/selected files within products for which you receive “no appropriate reader found”.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Oana

1 Like

Hello Joanne
@JoConway
Are you opening the MTD_TL.xml?
Do you have the Sentinel-2 Toolbox Kit Module installed?
(Tools > Plugins > Available Plugins )
Also, this might help:

Cheers

Jan

1 Like

Thank you folks, I think I have persevered through …
Yes I was working within SNAP using the Product Library. I finally managed to get some files to download fully - it just took ages (perhaps I didn’t realise the size of the files 800MB and was chopping it off too soon and I needed to chill out!).
Then I managed to open them - I think my issue was not keeping the “Product Library window” open?
Your support gave me the confidence to persevere, so thank you, I think it is my lack of familiarity with SNAP (I’m a mature student and technology is sometimes not my forte!). Wish there was a “dummies guide to SNAP”! Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @JoConway
Good stuff.
I guess you’ve seen the SNAP tutorials available? It’s not ‘Snap For Dummies’ but it’s a very useful resource. https://step.esa.int/main/doc/tutorials/snap-tutorials/

Cheers

Jan

1 Like